Cars [HOTFIX] Honda NSX (OUTDATED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuubeey

@Simberia
Kyuubeey submitted a new resource:

[HOTFIX] Honda NSX - Crashfix for CSP versions and physics update

Semi-official crash hotfix and physics patch for the NSX by Some1.

Uploading separately for convenience, we do not feel a real 3.1.0 is done yet.

03.08.21 Hotfix A
- Lots of physics changes
- Minor UI changes
- Deleted RULES section from car.ini; should not crash anymore with affected CSP versions

Read more about this resource...

When i choose these cars and try to start a race or event, game tries to open the tracks but sends me back to menu. Is there a way to solve this?

Might be reverting those pressure changes soon, for now this is a largely load-independent method to see if someone will come yelling at me and post some data. :rolleyes:

They are calibrated to 3000N which is the FZ0 of my tires, so the overall tire behavior should be okay; you just end up with a wrong optimal pressure (= optimal vertical stiffness because my stiffnesses depend on the absolute pressure and construction) and the cold pressures might look funny to some people who know better.

For those unaware, AC has a single fixed optimal pressure per axle, while IRL it varies based on load and camber at least.

NSX NA1 OEM cold pressures on the smaller tires are 33 and 40 (!) PSI. OEM seem to typically aim for cold pressures which are relatively close to optimal pressures for best tire performance in the kind of conditions you'd get on the road. They might be a tad too high for track use where the tire heats up more.

Certainly, with some new data and perspective, an optimal rear pressure of over 40psi might not even be out of the window for the kind of loading the tire is under. The front tire OEM cold inflation pressure of 33psi is not unreasonable either. That's just with load and stiffness, though; it goes out of whack if camber is factored in because I am not terribly sure how camber should be factored in.

I used a somewhat load-dependent method before but the outputs were not always completely reasonable hence why I recently went to this load-independent method to at least have some consistency for the time being. It might change tomorrow or in three months so I'm not sure when I will update for it. There's a reason these are 'semi-official' and not official patches. ;)

For now aim for 32 - 33 psi on both axles. It will likely bias higher in the future.

So does this mean app readings for pressure are wrong now? BTW, 32-33psi for cold or hot tires?
No, there is no CSP functionality for pressure yet. I'm using vanilla parameters but determined with a better method.

OEM pressures are very close to optimals in order for the tire to be at optimal performance in road driving. You should aim for F 35 R 42 hot in the OEM cars. F 33 R 39 for the AD08R.

In reality it would vary somewhat based on load and camber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back