Hosting a Multiplayer Server

Hello guys,
my friend and I tried to play on a server he hosted.
I can see his server in the steam list, no problem, but everytime i try to join i get "join timed out".
So maybe he forwarded the wrong ports or something? Anyone who can help with that? Maybe someone can tell the ports that have to be opened?
Or any other suggestions why it doesn't work?
Thanks in advance!

I had the same Problem with AMS still shown as running in Steam, i don't really have a solution for that but i validated my game files 2-3 times and since then it gone again, once it found 6 files not ok and after the next start of AMS it found 4 files. Hope it works for you as well.

I had the same Problem with AMS still shown as running in Steam, i don't really have a solution for that but i validated my game files 2-3 times and since then it gone again, once it found 6 files not ok and after the next start of AMS it found 4 files. Hope it works for you as well.
I see. Will wait for others who've experienced it too to share what they've done, as I did run Verify files and it resulted to 100% fine, so not sure what else to do.

Guys,

I'm not able to see my dedicated server on Steam - the exe seems to be running ok (with Steam in offline mode), but I cannot see it in the server list (I'm able to see all other several servers already on).

Wasn't able to find the user guide as previously mentioned.

Tks!

:ninja:

I ran a dedi server tonight with Practice, Qual, Warmup and Race. Once qual had finished it went straight to Race and skipped the Warmup session. Anyone else getting this issue?
in the dedicated server folder there is also a file called dedicatedserver.plr
edit this while server is NOT running and change Run Warmup="0" to 1 in the race conditions section
then restart server

Guys,

I'm not able to see my dedicated server on Steam - the exe seems to be running ok (with Steam in offline mode), but I cannot see it in the server list (I'm able to see all other several servers already on).

Wasn't able to find the user guide as previously mentioned.

Tks!

:ninja:
Have you opened all the ports on your router that are found in the multiplayer.ini file?
default ones are
Query Port Start="34597" // range is 1025 - 65535
Port Start="34697" // range is 1025 - 65535
Authenticator Port="8766" // range is 1025 - 65535
Master Server Updater Port="27016" // range is 1025 - 65535

Have you opened all the ports on your router that are found in the multiplayer.ini file?
default ones are
Port Start="34697" // range is 1025 - 65535

Hi Sniper!
Yes, I think so. Check my multiplayer.ini lines:

Port Start="34397" // range is 1025 - 65535

And here are the opened ports in the server:
server.png

Now I'm even able to see the server on Steam's list, but when I try to connect I get the "Join timed out" message. Any idea?

:cry:

Hi Sniper!
Yes, I think so. Check my multiplayer.ini lines:

Port Start="34397" // range is 1025 - 65535

And here are the opened ports in the server:
server.png

Now I'm even able to see the server on Steam's list, but when I try to connect I get the "Join timed out" message. Any idea?

:cry:
yes I had someone else with same issue, I believe its because its in your lan but my servers run on another network so I don't get these issues.
The only thing I can suggest is have you tried to join from within the game itseld bu using your lan ip instead, I know this worked for the other guy I helped
so ingame go to multiplayer, use the red + icon and add the ip address with the port number 34597
eg 192.168.1.5:34597. you should be able to join game
good luck

Could someone please explain the steps needed to get a dedicated server running on the same machine I want to play it on. Someone above mentioned 'go offline mode' in steam, but as soon as I go back online, the server is shutdown when steam restarts.

Ok, so it's not a dedicated server if it's on the same machine.
Anyway, if that is the case, I didn't try, but you should be able to just launch the server (executing exe file direclty with your steam client already opened) and the launch the game client normally via steam.

Got it working thanks! Reason I couldn't get the game starting is I was trying to run from steam, but as you say using the executable directly worked.

Then the next problem was joining a server from the steam browser. Solution is to right click your server in the browser , click 'server info' and write down the ip address + port. Then go ingame and click the '+' in multiplayer menu and input your ip.

The next problem was that i was getting 'join timed out'. In the other thread discovered 2 more ports that need opening,
AMS Dedicated.exe TCP 34747 , and
AMS Dedicated.exe UDP 49632.

Now all is good, maybe this will help others having the same difficulty I was.

Got it working thanks! Reason I couldn't get the game starting is I was trying to run from steam, but as you say using the executable directly worked.

Then the next problem was joining a server from the steam browser. Solution is to right click your server in the browser , click 'server info' and write down the ip address + port. Then go ingame and click the '+' in multiplayer menu and input your ip.

The next problem was that i was getting 'join timed out'. In the other thread discovered 2 more ports that need opening,
AMS Dedicated.exe TCP 34747 , and
AMS Dedicated.exe UDP 49632.

Now all is good, maybe this will help others having the same difficulty I was.

Rapala, no need to copy the IP Address.
When you click on the + in the multiplayer, it will come with your local address 127.0.0.0 and when you click ok on that, it will find your server as well.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 53 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 55 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 31 12.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 16 6.2%