Resource icon

Cars Hobbnob's NonComp Drift Mod 0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hobbnob submitted a new resource:

Hobbnob's NonComp Drift Mod - 9 Drift cars, for non-competition use. Also fully unlocks the kart tracks.

SiDj63D

This is a beta release, here are the current complete features:
Physics for all 9 cars
Liveries
Baseline setups (make sure to load the provided drift setup instead of loose/oem whatever. You're welcome to create your own setups like with any other car, but pcars sometimes wigs out when activating a spool diff. If this happens, keep it on and restart the game. No idea why it happens, blame pcars.
Balance of performance for each car in the new...

Read more about this resource...

I must be doing something wrong but am not successful in getting mods to work. I have had experience in installing similar mods before in PC1. The game loads up fine but I cant find the cars or tracks in them. I have checked the vehicles list and also the driveline files and made sure they were edited correctly and in the correct folders. I tried activating bootfile V4 first and then the noncomp drift mod and vice versa but still the cars and tracks cant be found in game. Help please
https://gyazo.com/566d06eb8eec2b5f5d28b7e92ab814c1

I must be doing something wrong but am not successful in getting mods to work. I have had experience in installing similar mods before in PC1. The game loads up fine but I cant find the cars or tracks in them. I have checked the vehicles list and also the driveline files and made sure they were edited correctly and in the correct folders. I tried activating bootfile V4 first and then the noncomp drift mod and vice versa but still the cars and tracks cant be found in game. Help please
https://gyazo.com/566d06eb8eec2b5f5d28b7e92ab814c1
Check the two lists again, if you've been changing the activation order then it'll reset the lists :)

Thanks for replay. yes I noticed that. So I made copies of the edited lists and made sure it is always the updated lists but still none of the mods show up :-( Is there a different version of JSGME I should be using ? The sequence I use is activate bootfiles, check all lists, then activate mods, then I check all lists again. If the lists are wrong, I copy over the correct ones and then start up PC2. but no mods to be seen :-(

Usually, the best with PC2 mods install is to activate the mods, edit the lists inside the MOD's bootfiles folder then activate bootfiles, and it should work

Thanks for replay. yes I noticed that. So I made copies of the edited lists and made sure it is always the updated lists but still none of the mods show up :-( Is there a different version of JSGME I should be using ? The sequence I use is activate bootfiles, check all lists, then activate mods, then I check all lists again. If the lists are wrong, I copy over the correct ones and then start up PC2. but no mods to be seen :-(
Pirate copy of pc2 by any chance? The bootfiles won't work in that case.

What about the porsche you showed in the screenshot, does that work?

Usually, the best with PC2 mods install is to activate the mods, edit the lists inside the MOD's bootfiles folder then activate bootfiles, and it should work

Thanks. I just tried this. I checked that the edited files are still as is after I activated them. I could not see the mods in the game still. I tried to load a factory car and the game crashed. Am at my wits end :-(

I tried to load a factory car and the game crashed.

This could mean a corrupt bootfiles download or an incorrect driveline edit. Make sure there's nothing after the END mark and that you haven't interrupted any of the existing driveline entries. If you're sure you've got that correct then send over your driveline.rg and I'll confirm it.

OK I got it working and had my first test of the whole fleet of cars. First off a little bit of background. I drift irl, was competitive for a number of years in a sponsored team. Also provide drift instruction and the occasional sports cars instruction gig. I also have a full 4 actuator motion sim that has been tuned to provide realistic off track practice. Kudos to @Hobbnob for restoring my faith in PCars 2 being able to support realistic drift simulation. I only have the radbull as that came with the game release and that was...absolute crap. These cars simulate real life drifting much better than that. The best of the lot in my opinion is the Evo X, followed by the R32 drift (not missile) and perhaps the E92 and Evo 9.. I think there is still room for development before it can match some of the other sims for drifting but until now, I would not have thought it possible. I now feel it is VERY possible. And combined with the weather effects. This would be TOPS! Please continue to develop this. I look forward to updates. Thank you !!!

Hello Hobbnob,
You have to pay attention of your terms. It is not because you can't help me that you have to claim that i had a pirate game. I tell you this gently but you made a public statement, on this website, of something your not aware. If I had a pirated game, I would not have made a public statement to find a solution. Maybe you're used to meeting idiots of this type, it's not my status.
I tried other MODs, for Project Cars 2, and it worked !!. Be humble. When we can not help, or if you don't want to, we say no or you can't just with sincerity and humility, that's all.
Thanks for your answer on YouTube. I never claim the MOD is broken. I know, i'm french, maybe my english is bad or clumsy, but i never said your work doesn't work, or is broken.I'm not a coder so i can't tell whay is not working on my computer. Read my post again on RD. I said "Good Job on this MOD. I confirm that my rims(tyres) vanished) when MOD Active. Maybe related to the version of Project cars 2 ?. Thanks, anyway, for this tremondous work !!". By the way in the desciption of the MOD it is written "Known issues:
Some elements (usually rims) change colours/models at far distances
wipers don't work yet". So maybe it has something to do with that. Actually the MOD work on my PC. I find the problem but i keep the solution for myself. It inot easy to find but it is a syntax errot, somewhere. Good search.

Last edited:
4t8svCe.jpg

K89LitP.jpg

c4Hzlcg.jpg

^ That's a bit creepy fella.

As I said on the youtube comment, anything that's changing all the game's cars is either corrupt bootfiles, corrupt game or version mismatch from torrenting, the mod doesn't affect other cars' files.

Funnily enough, as I was typing I received this:

TGWyTA0.jpg

Stay classy pal.

The rocketbunny? I have a couple of versions kindly made by Doug but they are comp cars so wouldn't fit here. I might make a version of the stock car with a bit more power but that depends on me finding a real version that fits the description as all the cars in the pack are based on real projects.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back