Hmmm...am i missing something about pitting for fuel (AI dont bother)

Am doing the HQ championship and just came to the Spa round, which for me was 1 hr.
I could not get enough fuel in the Ferrari 550 to last the hour, so pitted around 35 mins in for more.
However it seemed none of the AI had to stop at all. Is there some setting i need to change, else its not a very fair fight !!...thanks

I will try to reproduce your problem : please tell me exactly your race settings, spa in 03 or 04 championship, or single 24h event ?
How many cars (full), race length (5%-100%), ai strength, etc...

Hi GTR233...hope this helps:

Doing the rounds of the HQ FIA GT 04 Championship
Using this car HQ F550 GTS
This circuit HQ Spa GP04 (started at desk, into darkness)
44 cars in total
60 minute race (adjusted down from 4 hrs which is what I think it defaulted to)

cheers

Ok I will do that and tell you...you forgot to mention :
Which ai skill (90-100-120%) ?
Novice- semipro - simulation ?
Ai psychology (neutral-psychotic) ?

Do you have same issue with hq spa 2004 24h single event ?
Does it happen during single session 1hour race at spa hq04 ?
In other words, does it happen only during championship hq04 ?

Edit: just tested semipro 100% ai, 1h race at spa hq04 (33laps), i set pit stop refueling at lap 20 for my f550 bms. Ai were pit in at different laps and not all at same time but in the end they had all refueling. It's not because you are alone in pits when you are refueling that ai do not refuel : they simply use different pit time strategy. Anyway it is just impossible to finish more than 30 laps at spa without refueling gt cars.

Last edited:
Maybe goes down to my being a bit dim.....i just redid the same race and i spotted people pitting (one in front of me when i pitted, one exiting pit lane, and a host of dots stationary on the track map thingy)...so all seems well after all.....sorry for the false alarm !!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back