HistorX Mod Version 1.96 & DL link

As a avid GTL club racer im always on the look out for the next GTL, and after a good few days testing with fellow club drivers im very impressed with this mod,
I feel it may be a successor to GTL for a club racing, the ffb is very good with the real feel plugin, superb sounds from the cars plenty of well made liveries and a great selection of cars to choose from.

Who is driving this mod would any be interested in using this mod for club racing, with the added bonus
of other content from Rfactor to be used once in a while for fun nights, If we get enough interest i will consider running a few test nights to see how it all comes together as a package.

HistorX mod Click me
to install you will need to follow the instruction but it nice and simple,

As HistorX has a torrent file to download it from, I've uploaded it to my mega account also
here is a link to historX

Part 1
Click Me
Part 2
Click Me
Readme and instructions (please read them before and after installing
Click Me updated 23/03/2017

if you have any problems please use this thread to ask for help
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-mod-version-1-96.80620/

hint and tips for the mod
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-hints-and-tips.83442/

Last edited:
Make sure you have GTL installed first (if you don't have it installed then it won't find it.) and also make sure you answer yes to having the digital version.
I did, but installer shows me this error
Capture.jpg

I played GTL for an hour , also installed it in drive C , maked it default folder but it seems installer cant find it.

Yep I've played GTL for around 3 hours so far but for some reason under my Steam profile is says 0.0 hours. That's probably the issue but I don't know what's causing it.

It may be a Steam issue with my PC though; every time I open Steam lately it updates. I mean if I open Steam multiple times in the same day it updates every single time. Been doing that for at least a month now and GTL is the first game I've bought on Steam in quite some time.

Yep I've played GTL for around 3 hours so far but for some reason under my Steam profile is says 0.0 hours. That's probably the issue but I don't know what's causing it.
I got GTR² from Steam lately: if I start it from the shortcut in the start menu, the play time in Steam does not change. If I use the "Start" button from my Steam library, then it counts the time. Try, it could be the same with GTL? Funny thing is I have the same here, the past few weeks Steam is looking for updates each time I start it…

Common problem with downloaded copy of GT Legends. There is a way around it. Try PMing a guy called Rantam, he has an account at RD. If they don't get back to you soon, let us know via PM.

EDIT: Ninja'd a bit there by Alex. Interesting thought there Alex. :thumbsup:
BTW, nice to hear from you Alex. :)
Let us know how you get on please Dave.

Someone from the Historx team replied back to me overnight on FB and I replied back this morning as soon as I woke. I haven't heard anything back yet though.

EDIT: I always launch games from my Steam library and never the start menu.

Could you try running GTL from the start button in Steam library if you have time please mate?
If it shows the time played, it may allow the HistorX installer to find GTL. It's a long shot, but if that solves the issue, it could save a lot of people, a LOT of time and frustration.

Ok got it working; driven two of the cars so far and they're awesome. I'm still getting the default rFactor menu though minus a small overlay on the top left corner and I've had one bug where it looks like the look left/right setting goes bonkers.

In rfactor you need to set the mod,
player.gif

in the racing series tab you need to click through until you see the mod, It will tell you you need to restart rFactor for it to take effect.

If your camera shakes when you use the shifter that is because you haven’t set Grinding Tranny plugin correctly. Go to \Plugins folder, GrindingTranny.ini and change the "NeutralKey=Auto" parameter to use a key not used by rFactor (for example "NeutralKey=n").

Last edited:
Thank you! I realized the menu issue was resolved once I restarted it and I must have skipped over the part about the grinding tranny mod.

Now to download more tracks. I already had Anderstorp '75 and I just downloaded VLM Mid Ohio, Knockhill and Norisring.

have a look in our download section we have some nice tracks that we raced on in club events, or look over some old club events to see what cars we race and see how they work on the tracks used, There are a few cars in the mod that are quite a challenge but on the right track they are good fun.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back