rF2 Historic F3 @ Thruxton - Thu 02 Mar 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I have to sign out tonight. No excuse, I'm just too tired after a long day.
No worries, that's fair enough Jan. Thanks for posting and letting us know.

Personally I'm massively gutted that you're not gonna be racing. I honestly was really looking forward to seeing you and Stig slug it out (I'd probs have to watch it on a replay coz I wouldn't get close enough in the races :roflmao:).

Nevermind, I'm sure there'll be a next time. Hope you feel better for a rest. It's the right thing to do IMO - we all should listen to our body, especially when one gets to my age (not that I'm super old, but it's safer to give myself as the example here.... Jim and Paul will have something to say I'm sure ;).

Look forward to the next time Jan, take care mate. :thumbsup:

No worries, that's fair enough Jan. Thanks for posting and letting us know.

Personally I'm massively gutted that you're not gonna be racing. I honestly was really looking forward to seeing you and Stig slug it out (I'd probs have to watch it on a replay coz I wouldn't get close enough in the races :roflmao:).

Nevermind, I'm sure there'll be a next time. Hope you feel better for a rest. It's the right thing to do IMO - we all should listen to our body, especially when one gets to my age (not that I'm super old, but it's safer to give myself as the example here.... Jim and Paul will have something to say I'm sure ;).

Look forward to the next time Jan, take care mate. :thumbsup:
Thanks Denis. Long 10 hour day, have to get up at 5am tomorrow and perform most of the day so I'm simply prioritizing sleep :) cya next time!

Last edited:
Jim and Paul will have something to say I'm sure ;).

Funny you should say that. Unfortunately I probably have to pull out too. Nothing serious, I've woken up with a heap of pain and struggling to use my left arm. Had it before and the codeine doesn't usually help. About to take a handful so if there's a dramatic change for the better I'll maybe do a second race. Sorry guys.
Just renewed my premium and bought the track too. Better be racing here again sometime...:D

@Denis Betty please sign me up mate :)
Good news, see you soon. :)
Funny you should say that. Unfortunately I probably have to pull out too. Nothing serious, I've woken up with a heap of pain and struggling to use my left arm. Had it before and the codeine doesn't usually help. About to take a handful so if there's a dramatic change for the better I'll maybe do a second race. Sorry guys.
Just renewed my premium and bought the track too. Better be racing here again sometime...:D
Not good news, hope you feel better soon.
We will indeed race here again in a few months time.
You will, I'm sure, remind me if I forget. ;)

1950-52
1677791831940.png

1953-64
1677791840362.png

1694-now
1677791856056.png

gutted i couldnt race, i tryed everything, bios updates chipset drivers, graphics card drivers, g2 drivers, validate rfactor, re install steam vr.. im out of ideas, nothing in event viewer, so i think its an rfactor bug

gutted i couldnt race, i tryed everything, bios updates chipset drivers, graphics card drivers, g2 drivers, validate rfactor, re install steam vr.. im out of ideas, nothing in event viewer, so i think its an rfactor bug
Sorry to hear that Colin. Hope you get it sorted. Everybody likes the track I think. Paul bought the track and couldn't race, so we will be racing there again in the not too distant future. :thumbsup:

Denis, It was indeed a great event and great racing. Just brilliant.
I had done a little bit of practice and got a reasonable setup. Race one went really well and I improved my PB from earlier by well over a second, the race went really well. Got behind Denis for a lap or so after being overtaken and just did my best to stay with him. Dropped back due to my lack of overall speed but improved again and lowered my PB again by another second or so. Thanks for the driving lesson and showing me decent lines mate.

Took Jim's setup he posted for race 2 as I new my own could improved as I was getting quicker as the laps built up I knew my setup was still had too much understeer, needed something more able to be controlled on the throttle and easier to rotate the car. Jim's was much better but due to it being new to me, I did quickly learn to rotate the car often and soon spun off into the wilderness.. thus ending race 2. Lol.

Only had one thing happen of note, in Race 1, I did brake test Daniel and he due to my error clipped the rear of my car, being the gentleman he is, he kindly waited and gave me back my place. Thanks Mate. I don't think I impeded his progress much judging by the cracking speed at which he passed me very soon after. Lol.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks Denis and the rest of the bunch.
I'm really enjoying these races with you guys.

These cars are just brilliant to drive. And the track is a cracker. Very simple to learn, but bloody difficult to master.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 110 69.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 25.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 20.9%