Tracks Higlands - removal of unnecessary trackside clutter/objects

Amplified

Sound Crafting
Hi all, i have successfully removed all protection walls,stands,flags,marshalls,utility vans,marshall posts,mobile toilets,borders,way-pointers,promotional material,parked campers/cars,invisible walls etc.

This track is so much better and realistic now without all this race event clutter on the side! Only downside is that i get 2 errors before the track loads. But i can go on track after clicking them away. What do you guys think about this?

You're right, that's so much better! all that annoying stuff around makes the track look so unrealistic... it's definitely worth releasing it as a mod I think.

You won't be able to release it here as it requires a modified kunos kn5 file unlike say the season mods for Nords. I mean you could upload it here but it will get removed very quickly.

I think this is an infringement of the EULA of Assetto Corsa? You can overwrite Textures without modifying original content, but to delete object you have to decrypt and manipulate the files :geek:

Kunos should offer the track with minimal 'event' additions.

Surely it's just like a skinned variant? At those road junctions where you can't go a few 'road ahead closed' signs/barriers and a work truck would suffice to give you enough of an illusion to make it still feel ok.

A few days work to tweak? Seems like a quick win, and it'd appeal to people who just want to go for a supercar blast around a Scotland alike road run, rather than be indicative of some kind of huge closed road race event.

• Deleted member 130869

I hope you can get it working without errors.

Hi all, i have successfully removed all protection walls,stands,flags,marshalls,utility vans,marshall posts,mobile toilets,borders,way-pointers,promotional material,parked campers/cars,invisible walls etc.

This track is so much better and realistic now without all this race event clutter on the side! Only downside is that i get 2 errors before the track loads. But i can go on track after clicking them away. What do you guys think about this?

As a big and loyal fan of AC I do not criticize easily,

However I am glad I'm not the only one noticing the annoying advertising boards and how it impacts (negatively) on this track's atmosphere.

There are great modded tracks with fantastic atmosphere Riverside and Mills Metropark which carry advertising but it fits with the period and locale and this is way I hate the advertising boards around this track, it completely looks out of place.

I was secretly wishing for a mod to change all Nvidia / Sparco billboards to something more "rural" and I think this type of in-gaming advertising is a scourge, after all we purchased the game and keep on supporting it through DLC.

And I'm not naive at all, we know how the Corporate wheels turn but the whole point of our beloved hobby is to escape reality and having fun, not to be pursued around every corner.

I do not appreciate having adds rammed down my throat and frankly do not need it, especially running Nvidia cards for years, And no I'm not going to buy Sparco kit to race with in front of my PC.

And I'm not venting at you guys, I am sure you feel the same, but I had to get this of my chest.....

Cheers

ET

As a big and loyal fan of AC I do not criticize easily,

However I am glad I'm not the only one noticing the annoying advertising boards and how it impacts (negatively) on this track's atmosphere.

There are great modded tracks with fantastic atmosphere Riverside and Mills Metropark which carry advertising but it fits with the period and locale and this is way I hate the advertising boards around this track, it completely looks out of place.

I was secretly wishing for a mod to change all Nvidia / Sparco billboards to something more "rural" and I think this type of in-gaming advertising is a scourge, after all we purchased the game and keep on supporting it through DLC.

And I'm not naive at all, we know how the Corporate wheels turn but the whole point of our beloved hobby is to escape reality and having fun, not to be pursued around every corner.

I do not appreciate having adds rammed down my throat and frankly do not need it, especially running Nvidia cards for years, And no I'm not going to buy Sparco kit to race with in front of my PC.

And I'm not venting at you guys, I am sure you feel the same, but I had to get this of my chest.....

Cheers

ET

Hey, you might want to take a look at this mod...
http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...s-stuff-and-autumn-nords-by-jw-modding.11381/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back