High Speed Ring

Tracks High Speed Ring 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I can help you with the AI issues. If you are using Content Manager, head over to New AI behaviour, and disable both "Extra options for AI spline"
Make sure in the AI folder you only have fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai. Delete everything else.
Now enter a session holding shift. And the new AI will load and stay there every time you open the track in the future (without the need of holding shift)

I can help you with the AI issues. If you are using Content Manager, head over to New AI behaviour, and disable both "Extra options for AI spline"
Make sure in the AI folder you only have fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai. Delete everything else.
Now enter a session holding shift. And the new AI will load and stay there every time you open the track in the future (without the need of holding shift)
Thank you for your help ! :) I will try it.

Not sure if you're aware or not but ACF (Assetto Corsa Fanboy) already converted this track from the same source a few years ago with forward and reverse routes. It's got new trees (there's also a skin to darken them) and other additions like a horizon.
I think the lighting predates CSP lighting and there's no GrassFX or RainFX configs, but the textures/palette/tones seem good (yours is way overexposed for my personal taste). Might be worth combining the two tracks, taking the best from both? I'm pretty sure ACF has left the scene now so you might not be able to contact him.

Not sure if you're aware or not but ACF (Assetto Corsa Fanboy) already converted this track from the same source a few years ago with forward and reverse routes. It's got new trees (there's also a skin to darken them) and other additions like a horizon.
I think the lighting predates CSP lighting and there's no GrassFX or RainFX configs, but the textures/palette/tones seem good (yours is way overexposed for my personal taste). Might be worth combining the two tracks, taking the best from both? I'm pretty sure ACF has left the scene now so you might not be able to contact him.
Hi , thanks for the info . I wasn't aware of that. I only saw highspeed ring on some scam site but i think that was his version. And yeah brightness is haunting me since the first release. If i could use some of the models and textures that would be great. This would save me some time and fix problems with my track. Do you know where i can eventually try to contact him ? I dont want to get my work into trouble etc.

Hi , thanks for the info . I wasn't aware of that. I only saw highspeed ring on some scam site but i think that was his version. And yeah brightness is haunting me since the first release. If i could use some of the models and textures that would be great. This would save me some time and fix problems with my track. Do you know where i can eventually try to contact him ? I dont want to get my work into trouble etc.
He's here on RD, @Deswribilator

Last edited:
I have a recurring issue with this track. Sometimes, crossing the finish line doesn't finish a lap, instead the game treats you as going back to the beginning of said lap. This happens on all modes - Practice/Hotlap will have the clock still running for that lap, and in a race you'll go back to last place (unless you're lapping someone, in that case they'll be one lap closer)

I can't think of a mod/configuration that could cause this as my AC installation is relatively vanilla save for CM + CSP + Sol + HUD apps. Can't be related to HUD apps since I got this issue both on the GT5 HUD and Sidekick.

I have a recurring issue with this track. Sometimes, crossing the finish line doesn't finish a lap, instead the game treats you as going back to the beginning of said lap. This happens on all modes - Practice/Hotlap will have the clock still running for that lap, and in a race you'll go back to last place (unless you're lapping someone, in that case they'll be one lap closer)

I can't think of a mod/configuration that could cause this as my AC installation is relatively vanilla save for CM + CSP + Sol + HUD apps. Can't be related to HUD apps since I got this issue both on the GT5 HUD and Sidekick.
Thank you for reporting this issue. I didnt have that problem during few thousands kilometers of testing but i will look into that. Maybe its something about start/finish triggers. After the next update it should be better but if not i dont know what the issue is .

This could be a really awesome mod. But it still lacks the GrassFX. That should be standard nowadays. But in this case I can help myself.

The trees should be changed in any case. They look partly really bad.
I don't even want to talk about their color.

The reverse version doesn't work with the time measurement. It would also be nice if the car was already aligned correctly.

Please don't get me wrong.I appreciate the work you put into the mod. I just want to show you where there is still potential for improvement.

This could be a really awesome mod. But it still lacks the GrassFX. That should be standard nowadays. But in this case I can help myself.

The trees should be changed in any case. They look partly really bad.
I don't even want to talk about their color.

The reverse version doesn't work with the time measurement. It would also be nice if the car was already aligned correctly.

Please don't get me wrong.I appreciate the work you put into the mod. I just want to show you where there is still potential for improvement.
Hi twobegreen,
Thank you for reporting the problems with the spawners and countdown time in the reverse track configuration. I had little time to test things in the new layout so there may be problems there. I agree about the trees, they are probably the most disruptive to the look of the track (apart from the water textures which I also have a problem with) and I would like to fix that. However I'm having trouble finding the right textures and models to look like in gran turismo 4(because I want this version of the track to look as much like that as possible).Because I have no experience in modelling stuff and it's difficult for me there are problems I can't fix yet. I mainly use 3dsimed because it is a simple program for me. However it has its problems and limitations and is not accurate. I have a problem finding the right tutorials for the current version of Blender (although I sometimes try to use it) which makes it difficult for me to learn. As for the grass FX, I was thinking of implementing it in a modern version of the track, which would look better and might also differ from the original in some ways. I think this might be a problem for now until the pit extension is fixed. But your help on grass fx would be very helpful because as I said before , I am not so good at 3D modelling (but I saw a tutorial related to it).

Hi twobegreen,
Thank you for reporting the problems with the spawners and countdown time in the reverse track configuration. I had little time to test things in the new layout so there may be problems there. I agree about the trees, they are probably the most disruptive to the look of the track (apart from the water textures which I also have a problem with) and I would like to fix that. However I'm having trouble finding the right textures and models to look like in gran turismo 4(because I want this version of the track to look as much like that as possible).Because I have no experience in modelling stuff and it's difficult for me there are problems I can't fix yet. I mainly use 3dsimed because it is a simple program for me. However it has its problems and limitations and is not accurate. I have a problem finding the right tutorials for the current version of Blender (although I sometimes try to use it) which makes it difficult for me to learn. As for the grass FX, I was thinking of implementing it in a modern version of the track, which would look better and might also differ from the original in some ways. I think this might be a problem for now until the pit extension is fixed. But your help on grass fx would be very helpful because as I said before , I am not so good at 3D modelling (but I saw a tutorial related to it).
Unfortunately, I have no idea about modeling. You will have to continue to rely on your own skills. Or maybe there is someone reading here who can help you.

I can send you the code for the GrassFX. But it is only copied from another mod and adapted for your track. Since I'm not a GT player myself, I can't say how realistic the grass looks.

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS= GRASS
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS =
OCCLUDING_MESHES =
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS =
MASK_BLUR=1
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 1
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
SHAPE_SIZE=1.5
SHAPE_TIDY=1
SHAPE_CUT=1
TRIM_PERIOD=365
TEXTURE=grass_fx/highlands_darker.dds
TEXTURE_GRID=8, 3

[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_0]
PIECE_0 = 1, 1 ; extra textures, X and Y of slot starting with 1, skipping first row
PIECE_1 = 2, 1
PIECE_2 = 1, 2, 2, 1 ; texture taking 2×1 slots
PIECE_2_CHANCE = 0.1

; configuration A for shorter near grass
[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
SHAPE_SIZE = 2.0, 2.5
TRIM_PERIOD = 365
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.15

[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS = GRASS
MAP = A

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have no idea about modeling. You will have to continue to rely on your own skills. Or maybe there is someone reading here who can help you.

I can send you the code for the GrassFX. But it is only copied from another mod and adapted for your track. Since I'm not a GT player myself, I can't say how realistic the grass looks.

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS= GRASS
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS =
OCCLUDING_MESHES =
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS =
MASK_BLUR=1
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 1
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
SHAPE_SIZE=1.5
SHAPE_TIDY=1
SHAPE_CUT=1
TRIM_PERIOD=365
TEXTURE=grass_fx/highlands_darker.dds
TEXTURE_GRID=8, 3

[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_0]
PIECE_0 = 1, 1 ; extra textures, X and Y of slot starting with 1, skipping first row
PIECE_1 = 2, 1
PIECE_2 = 1, 2, 2, 1 ; texture taking 2×1 slots
PIECE_2_CHANCE = 0.1

; configuration A for shorter near grass
[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
SHAPE_SIZE = 2.0, 2.5
TRIM_PERIOD = 365
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.15

[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS = GRASS
MAP = A
Thank you very much for your help, great job. The grass fits very well and has a nice colour. I think i will leave it in the classic version too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back