Hi Res Mirrors??

Is it possible to boost the resolution of the mirrors?
The outer mirrors are ok but my main center mirror is very low resolution and looks pretty average.
If it is possible is it a real FPS killer?

You can use the HD mirror mod that someone made for rFactor.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3341516/Higher_Resolution_Mirrors.html

here is some screenies between the STD and the largest resolution mirror in that mod.

now I only just noticed that the modded mirror is elongated whilst i was taking the screenshots, im not sure how to fix that, but to be honest i never noticed in game until actually comparing. Hopefully someone will create them again but in correct perspective.

Yes some of the files linked to aren't the right aspect ratio for GSC mirror mapping. Default GSC mirrors are 2048x128, any high res addon should be kept to that ratio otherwise weird scaling will happen. Essentially, a high res mod should be 4096x256,

The default res is what it is for FPS reasons indeed and the res is already a fair whack higher than it was in vanilla rFactor, so a high(er) res mod won't ever be officially supported. But making a 4096x256 bitmap isn't the most challenging thing ever :p

here we go...

Hi Res Mirrors Mod by "ME" :):thumbsup::cool:

5x sizes to choose from.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37214372/GSC2013 Hi Res Mirrors by R1 Robbie.rar

README:

Hi Resolution Mirrors Mod for GSC 2013
by R1 Robbie

These .BMP's will give you better Resolution in your rearview mirrors.

the sizes increase by %50 scaling up from the default resolution of 2048x128

3072x192_MIRROR.bmp

4096x256_MIRROR.bmp

5120x320_MIRROR.bmp

6144x384_MIRROR.bmp

7168x448_MIRROR.bmp

Place the .bmp file you wish to use into your C:\GSC2013\GameData\Vehicles (obviously selecting your relevant install path)

Rename the .bmp to just be called:- MIRROR.bmp

<<<< Disclaimer >>>>

yes a FPS hit will be taken. select a resolution suitable for your system :)

ENJOY

STANDARD MIRROR

HI RES MIRROR

Last edited:
big thx my friend...
can i still use it , its still better then mirrors in V1.30 of game stock car ??
also witch i choose ?
i have 3 screens, intel i7, 12 gb ram and 2x ati 6970 but i just play on one card for the most games. have better fps then on 2 cards pfff
hope you can help me. great work !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back