Hi keep getting this message when linking to image on my Google Drive whilst reply to message - What am I doing wrong? Thanks Cozy61

Screenshot (319).png

Does it work OK in another browser?
Also, is that a sharing link you're using? E.g. does it work in a private/incognito browsing session that isn't logged in to your Google account?
I haven't ever tried to use a Google Drive link but I can have a go if you confirm that it works OK without you being logged in ;)

Does it work OK in another browser?
Also, is that a sharing link you're using? E.g. does it work in a private/incognito browsing session that isn't logged in to your Google account?
I haven't ever tried to use a Google Drive link but I can have a go if you confirm that it works OK without you being logged in ;)

Hi
No tried it in IE and Edge also - Its a shared link file happy for you to try I dont need to be logged in

Thanks
Cozy61

Sorry for the delay - have been snowed, and then forgot! :redface:
Let's see what happens if I try the same process with your link: ah, same error......

OK, I figured it out (and yeah the error message ain't so helpful!) - the URL you posted for your image doesn't fetch the actual image, but instead a web page which includes the image.
If you load the image itself from that web page, you'll find this (or similar) URL: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/e...qKnoLuDdwrbsTdwSdRJPfuXOJF7B4yLpIw=w1920-h983 (NB: this is potentially not a permanent URL anyway, knowing Google) which works perfectly with the insert-image-by-URL button:

e91QLnrreEMggZGyQEFLcH6-LKVZJc121Cci7thEv-vXqKnoLuDdwrbsTdwSdRJPfuXOJF7B4yLpIw=w1920-h983

Sorry for the delay - have been snowed, and then forgot! :redface:
Let's see what happens if I try the same process with your link: ah, same error......

OK, I figured it out (and yeah the error message ain't so helpful!) - the URL you posted for your image doesn't fetch the actual image, but instead a web page which includes the image.
If you load the image itself from that web page, you'll find this (or similar) URL: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/e...qKnoLuDdwrbsTdwSdRJPfuXOJF7B4yLpIw=w1920-h983 (NB: this is potentially not a permanent URL anyway, knowing Google) which works perfectly with the insert-image-by-URL button:

e91QLnrreEMggZGyQEFLcH6-LKVZJc121Cci7thEv-vXqKnoLuDdwrbsTdwSdRJPfuXOJF7B4yLpIw=w1920-h983
No Problem - Thanks for the solve

One question when you say load and image how do I do that?

Thanks

One question when you say load and image how do I do that?
Well, there's probably a button somewhere to get Google Drive to just give you the image link instead of a web page that includes it :D
However, I right clicked on the image on the web page (well, I actually had to do shift + right click because right clicking was being blocked by the page) and loaded the image itself in Firefox. Chrome will have a similar option.
Once you get the right-click menu up, you can choose either "View image" or "Copy Image Location" (at least in FF) - see pic.

1588367667982.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back