Hi Guys Im new

Hi Guys
As the title suggests I'm new to this forum and Race 07 ( which I down loaded yesterday along with the WTCC extension pack)

I would love to get started on modding the skins of the cars, but sadly don't have a clue (Although I do have Photoshop)
I have loads of questions , but more importantly need to have someone hold my hand and show me how to design up some skins of my own and how to get them to work with the game

many thanks for your help
paul

If you follow the steps of the tutorial in the second post of this thread, you can build some very nice creations for yourself. There's a lot of inspiration to be found. Look on the Racedepartment channel on Youtube for instance. There are many video's there of races with custom skins. Good inspiriation for the starting skinner :)

Also, remember sites as www.brandsoftheworld.com They offer large amounts of logo's in vector format, which can be very helpfull in decorating the basic skins.

When creating skins, the first thing you want to do is copy the skin psd file to a separate folder so you don't overwrite the original. The second thing you want to do is scale the image to 4096 X 2048 to get smoother lines when you work on the skin. Once you have done everything and you are ready to convert to dds, scale the image back to 2048 X 1024 and then save as dds.

I would also recommend some 3d program that will update the skin on the model in real time as you save the file from your paint program. This way you can see what the skin will look like on the car without having to take the time to get into the game first. Makes matching stripes and such a lot easier.

Lastly, don't be afraid to make terrible skins. If you do and get some constructive criticism it will help you get better.

P.S. Watch the brightness of your colors. Some of them won't look that good in game. :)

There are loads of free file sharing sites out there Dennis. Rapidshare, MegaUpload, Mediafire, to name three. If you have a hotmail/MSN/Windows Live account you can use the SkyDrive feature. 10mb files can also be sent via email fairly quickly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back