Help w/ sim equipment decision... 3 choices

Entry level... G29... Low/moderate cost, no pain

Enthusiast... Fanatec ClubSport wheelbase v 2.5, CSL Elite rim, CSL Elite LC pedals. @$950. Ouch...

I spent WHAT... SimXperience AccuForce Pro V2 ('Your way'), Fanatec CSL LC pedals. @$1,230. Endoscopy

• Deleted member 197115

If you just starting with the hobby, go with the budget option. You can revisit later if it's your thing, upgrade from cheaper options is less painful.

Upvote 0
Hehe...all depends how many hours you will be sitting behind your wheel ! If you can get 10-20 hours in per week...ye its worth some money.
If you only spend couple of hours in per week...G29 :)

I disagree. I use my cockpit less than 3 or 4 hours a week and I have spent many thousands euros in my setup. It's not just a matter of how often or how much time you spend using your hardware but how much do you like it and enjoy it and to what extent you are willing to invest in improving your experience.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

You are avoiding Thrustmaster because of the bad past experience?
It is step above Logitech and may be ideal in your situation.
Bang for buck Fanatec is overprised considering poor reliability and flaky support, while in the end still just a toy wheel with more bling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Not the G29. It's bulletproof, but you have to put up with rattling gear drive. As above, why not Thrustmaster?

"Ouch" is a decent setup, though I'd choose a different rim as the CSL stuff, apart form the CSL LC pedals, are not really as rugged as one desires.

Upvote 0
I might get the SimXperience endoscopy..... not sure which pedals yet.... CSL Elite LC maybe...Just saw a few reviews of the new TM LC brakes... mixed bag comments.

Side note.... An hour ago spilled a 1/4 cup of coffee on my KB... balls... used hair dryer on it, NADA, then just stuck it against screen on open bathroom window for 3-4 hours...worked!!

Upvote 0
FWIW I started with a $300 Thrustmaster mounted to my desk and in the space of 2 years went from that to the CSW 2.5 to the DD2, to the SC2, and now have $15k+ in my rig. If you know this is something that brings you joy do it right the first time so the money lost upgrading can go to additional items as you grow.

Upvote 0
FWIW I started with a $300 Thrustmaster mounted to my desk and in the space of 2 years went from that to the CSW 2.5 to the DD2, to the SC2, and now have $15k+ in my rig. If you know this is something that brings you joy do it right the first time so the money lost upgrading can go to additional items as you grow.

Well, you knew I was going to agree w/ your comments! Situation is, I have one of those things, A WIFE... so, I will have to do an incredible sales job on her.

Oh, just discovered this top-end pedal set Barry Rowland at SimRacingGarage recently reviewed...
Amazing pedal set... No, no, no I can't get THAT crazy...
and their website...https://www.all4sim.cz/produkt/meca-cup1/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Change my mind every 3/4 days...

Latest... Fanatec ClubSport 2.5 with desk clamp and ClubSport V3 pedals. OR, I'll go less $ with just a G29 and get one of the brake mods for it.

Ken Miles won Le Mans in 1966.

Upvote 0
A G29 will last for a long time, be easy to setup and is almost plug-n-play. For people that dont use FFB, its fine. Otherwise the FFB rattled will drive you mad.

Your 'ouch' and 'WHAT' setup suggestion is not that far apart pricewise. If you're willing to spend that amount of cash, go big, meaning Direct Drive. It does require some knowledge to setup though, to get the best out of it. And a solid rig.

Upvote 0
A G29 will last for a long time, be easy to setup and is almost plug-n-play. For people that dont use FFB, its fine. Otherwise the FFB rattled will drive you mad.

Your 'ouch' and 'WHAT' setup suggestion is not that far apart pricewise. If you're willing to spend that amount of cash, go big, meaning Direct Drive. It does require some knowledge to setup though, to get the best out of it. And a solid rig.

I have no space for a rig in this room, so I would need to clamp the wheel base to my PC computer desk. The DD WB I was briefly considering (SimXperience AccuForce Pro V2) does not have a desk clamp available as an option. So, the Fanatec ClubSport 2.5 WB is a possible contender w/ desk clamp and ClubSport V3 pedals.... somewhat re-considering this, as there has been quite a few negative posts here about Fanatec.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the G29. As the above have mentioned, it has a tendency to rattle in certain sims. I have resorted to turning down the effect of curbs and track, which is an acceptable compromise for me, but you may find different. My bigger issue was the brake pedal and I ended up making a load cell mod for fun

Upvote 0
Change my mind every 3/4 days...

Latest... Fanatec ClubSport 2.5 with desk clamp and ClubSport V3 pedals. OR, I'll go less $ with just a G29 and get one of the brake mods for it.

Ken Miles won Le Mans in 1966.
I agree with this choice, better pedals vs DD wheel. Driving Experience Delta will be greater than the BD wheel to DD wheel lesser pedals IMHO :thumbsup:
PS In regards to reliability, I've had my CSW v2 for 4-5 years before upgrading to DD2, still have my V3 CSP (Updated with Performance Kit since I like to drive with shoes) and NO ISSUES. Just remember, almost all people will complain if something is wrong or did not meet expectations, but very few if any will praise anything if everything is working OK. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 33.3%