Help upgrading PC

After 3 years away from simracing I'm coming back and need to upgrade my PC.

My current setup is:

Case- Nox Zen
Power supply- Gettin Extreme 520 (NSX530
Hard drive - Samsung Spinpoint F3 (500 GB)
RAM- GSkill pc3-12800 4GB RIPJAWSX X2 (total 8 GB)
graphic card- POWERCOLER ATI Radeon HD 6770 1 GB DDR3
Motherboard- MSI P67A-GD65 REV. B3
CPU- Intel i3 2100T 2,5

’m a little low on cash right now so I’m expecting to do a minor upgrade based on the best bang for buck options (I have around 200 € to do that). I will only play iRacing on a single monitor.

Thank you!

That motherboard is a few generations old so CPU upgrades are limited to CPU's around 2012, but more powerful than your current one. You should shop second hand for a CPU and GPU upgrade as you will need to keep your current motherboard and RAM as your budget to very tight.

Look on ebay for an Intel Core i5-2500K. They're still decent and really cheap. It's a quad core CPU compared to your duel core CPU i3 2100T.

Old Xeon processors are really cheap, that maybe another option assuming your motherboard supports them. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-Xeo...316008&hash=item3f8f08f163:g:6oIAAOSw5VtaMo2i

For the GPU look for a GTX 970 or Radeon R9 290X, again secondhand. Both together that's will hit around your £200 budget.

Also SSD as your boot drive will also work wonders even on old systems. That will go beyond your budget but it makes so much of a difference it pretty much essential. Even a cheap 32gb drive for Windows and iRacing will be worth it, then use your 500gb as a second drive for other software.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back