Help, rF1 modding issue

I've had the game for a while so am used to adding cars and tracks (not the best at computers tho) a few days ago rFactor stopped working and managed to sort it but since then, the game will not let me install any new mods, if I try to load the game with new stuff, it will load the intro video but not the main menu - if i remove said new mod, it's fine

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

Do you just have a single install of rF1?
Or do you keep your tracks in a folder, other than the default Locations folder.
I know that a similar problem can happen with HistorX. Check that Trackdir in your config.ini points to your Locations folder. :thumbsup:

Some problems can be repaired by making a new profile (New driver, new player - whatever you call it in game). If you have another install, you could try copying over the UserData folder to the new install maybe. That might give you an idea of where the problem lies.
Sometimes though, if you still have all your mods backed up or in your downloads folder, it's easier just to start again. If something is corrupted, it can be quicker/less hassle, to do it that way.
I'd try a new profile first though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back