HELP - Python apps slow to load

Maybe this trick might work in this case.
I heard in the past that it might crash game, ( but maybe it might only slow it ? ) .... and the solution was easy to use.
It might be a good idea to check this:
Go in game at steamapps/common/Assetto Corsa/extension/config and open general.ini file with notepad.
Look in [APPS] paragraph and look at FIX_SHARED_MEMORY=0
If it's set to 1 ( in place of 0 ) change it for 0 and save file.
Mine is like that ( without any changes made ).

NB: some were simply deleting this line ( 2 lines in mine ) and their problem was solved.

Last edited:
Maybe this trick might work in this case.
I heard in the past that it might crash game, ( but maybe it might only slow it ? ) .... and the solution was easy to use.
It might be a good idea to check this:
Go in game at steamapps/common/Assetto Corsa/extension/config and open general.ini file with notepad.
Look in [APPS] paragraph and look at FIX_SHARED_MEMORY=0
If it's set to 1 ( in place of 0 ) change it for 0 and save file.
Mine is like that ( without any changes made ).

NB: some were simply deleting this line ( 2 lines in mine ) and their problem was solved.
Sadly this didn't fix this particular issue, thanks for the in-depth explanation thought, made it easy to understand.

Just for info ... should you have a dxgi.dll in the Assetto corsa install ?
A very long time ago ... I had problems of long time loading for AC.
Once this dll deleted the problem was gone.

Last edited:
Bizarrely today the issue is back. re-applied this fix and no joy! Back to a 5min loading time.
This might be a longshot, but I had some similar issues a while back (stuck on loading apps and most often eventually crashing). Turns out I had made some presets (cm -> settings -> assetto corsa -> presets per mode) and when I deleted those presets everything went back to normal. I guess the presets had dependencies to certain apps that were either uninstalled or updated or something, which in turn would break the loading progress...? Might be worth checking it out!

Last edited:
Any guidance as to what I'm looking for, the help file gives a little help but still have no clue.
I'm sure you'll find a fair few YouTube videos which will walk you through how to use it (let me know if you don't instantly find any and I'll take a peek), but the basic concept will be as follows:

You fire up Process Monitor, and ask it to monitor a process with a specific name (or process ID, but you'll want to monitor it right from initiation so the name will be best). I think you'll want to monitor the game EXE itself rather than the launcher, but you could of course do both, and why not... (The filtering rule setup process isn't super-intuitive, but a combination of the help file and a YT video should get you past that.)

Then you fire up the programs you want to monitor, and let them run for a suitable period.

Then you review the monitoring output, to see what the heck the programs are doing while being slow.

It's likely to be some combination of doing something quite short, but a few thousand/million times, or doing something really long once or a few times.

(If you have any Linux/Unix experience, you may have come across "strace", and Process Monitor is a sort-of Windows equivalent.)

Btw, don't forget to shut down Process Monitor when you finish, cos it can eat a lot of memory if left running for ages.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back