HELP - Python apps slow to load

HoodlumRS

Premium
Recent issue with apps taking forever to load, they do eventually load in but take a long time. I tried removing all apps but kept Python apps enabled to see if I could narrow down the issue but it continued with the issue. Disabling Python apps does allow me to instantly load in but I would like to gain access to use apps again.

Seeking potential causes or solutions that others may have.

~Cheers

Open App "Python Apps Debug" ingame and check which of your apps causes the problem.
Thanks for the idea, it displayed 0 errors. It just takes forever to load passed this point. So it does eventually work perfectly fine just it should not be taking roughly 5 minutes to load as it didn't used to take this long (takes under 3 seconds usually). I haven't installed any new apps since that point.
1704440876096.png

Delete and reinstall CSP. Maybe smtg was messed up there, bc your screenshots states it hangs at CSP python functions.

Such problems dont occur out of the blue, so it would be really helpful to know what you did prior. If a reinstall of CSP doesnt solve it, I cant help you here anymore.

Delete and reinstall CSP. Maybe smtg was messed up there, bc your screenshots states it hangs at CSP python functions.

Such problems dont occur out of the blue, so it would be really helpful to know what you did prior. If a reinstall of CSP doesnt solve it, I cant help you here anymore.
Sadly deleting and reinstalling CSP didn't do the trick, thanks for trying to help. It is very much appreciated.

Some people in the past had missing files, ie
...assettocorsa\apps\python\system\acsys.py

Did you do a steam verify for AC?
1704834494046.png

And missing files should also be visible in
...Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\py_log.txt
(or also ...Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt)
(search for "acsys")

Last edited:
Some people in the past had missing files, ie
...assettocorsa\apps\python\system\acsys.py

Did you do a steam verify for AC?
View attachment 720295

And missing files should also be visible in
...Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\py_log.txt
(or also ...Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt)
(search for "acsys")
I have verified Assetto Corsa via Steam on multiple occasions and have completed it again. When I search "acsys" in notepad++ for both those log files, it displays no results, is this normal or should it be displaying some results? The acsys.py file is also in the correct location.
I appreciate the effort you're making toward helping, thanks!

If acsys is not mentioned in the logs, there is no problem with it.

What if you clear out any changes to CSP defaults, by removing all files in
...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\
(keep folders!)
1704897072923.png

Last edited:
Using CSP? Which version? use 0.1.79! "Should" be pretty stable.

And maybe try to dl CSP directly, without CM, then unpack manually into AC folder ...
(some external links not allowed here, so i post a pic :) )
View attachment 720965
Thanks for the ideas, 0.1.79 sadly didn't fix the issue, so I tried manually installing it into the AC root folder like you said and the same result happened. Have you got any other ideas that may solve this?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back