Help needed with Imola

Hi Guys

I wonder if this has happened to anyone.

Recently upgraded my whole system I did a clean install with Assetto, Sol and Custom Shader Patch.

Have hot lapped and done some races at Imola with a bunch of different cars and ppfilters with no problems until last night.

All of a sudden it looks like this:

Assetto Imola faulty.jpg

All other tracks are fine and look good. The image is the same with all ppfilters so I know that's not the cause.

Have no idea what's causing the problem. Did a steam integrity check, no problems.

Even deleted the track and let steam re-install it and still the same.

Help would be very much appreciated!

This is the winter view at Imola .... :D

Just change the real date for an event when choosing the hour of day for a session into a spring or summer or autum date in Content Manager:

Click on the three dots at the right of the time of day, click on specific date and choose a date other than a winter's day.

Or better: settings -> CSP -> weather FX -> uncheck Use seasonal adjustments. It's a good idea on paper but the "snowy" "winter" look isn't very good looking, just makes grass and trees look black and white rather than snowy
Got the track to norm but something is still not right. What are the default date settings for Imola?

Where do I find this? Use seasonal adjustments

Checked contentent manager, settings, weather FX and there's no Use seasonal adjustments to check box

Or better: settings -> CSP -> weather FX -> uncheck Use seasonal adjustments. It's a good idea on paper but the "snowy" "winter" look isn't very good looking, just makes grass and trees look black and white rather than snowy
Settings changed as soon as hit the drive button in content manager.

Have set the date to August which looks the closest to what it was.

Something is still off, even with the same ppfilter, time of day, the track looks different now.

Grass also looks strange, don't recall it being like this.

Screenshot (12).jpg

Just want my Imola to look the way it did before content manger decided to change everything and it's only for Imola. All other tracks are fine.

I'm also not able to race at night. 18:00 is still very light now.

Last edited:
@ClimaxF1 are you switching over to AC too? Or are you still hardcore AMS1? I switched over to AMS2 but that kinda sucks right now, so now I'm off exploring how to edit AC. It's a great game.
Have always liked AC, just never had the best pc to take full advantage, also with all the new titles I decided to do a full system upgrade, screen and so on. Been a long time coming and was well worth the upgrade.

Timing is also good, most titles I wanted on Steam were ridiculously cheap with black Friday deals, took full advantage.

AMS 1 I actually don't have on my new system and most likely will stay that way.

Once you get all your graphic settings in AC it looks really good and has a tone of cars to chose from, not to mention all the tracks.

Settings changed as soon as hit the drive button in content manager.

Have set the date to August which looks the closest to what it was.

Something is still off, even with the same ppfilter, time of day, the track looks different now.

Grass also looks strange, don't recall it being like this.

View attachment 423688

Just want my Imola to look the way it did before content manger decided to change everything and it's only for Imola. All other tracks are fine.

I'm also not able to race at night. 18:00 is still very light now.

What did you change to get the grass how you like? GrassFX? What settings?

Could you tell me what you did because I have the same probem with Imola and the grass. It just looks weird now and I would love to be able to get it fixed. Thanks...
PPfilters also have an effect on the grass, different one's have different effects on the grass is what I noticed.
Just reduced the ppfilter saturation in the in game sol menu. There's a bunch of settings there that you can tweak to you liking.
Have various ppfliters for different type of tracks and time of day. I don't know if it's just me but no ppfilter is the same with each track.

Could you tell me what you did because I have the same probem with Imola and the grass. It just looks weird now and I would love to be able to get it fixed. Thanks...

The problem here is: if you uncheck "use seasonal adjustments" the imola.ini is not working properly. This happens also with Mugello. The reason is, these *ini files are only working correctly with "use seasonal adjustments" enabled. I´ve had the same problem and have it left enabled. You can change to summer date easily ingame using the SOL weather app.

I think I realised what it was after I asked you.

It's one of the Kunos cars in game?

They've got a great look and good for checking out reflections quality and general graphics tweaking. Shiny.
Does not come with Kunos cars. Found three on the internet. To me this is the best one. Every thing's perfect with working interior lcd track map with lap timing.

Send me a pm and I will upload to Google drive.

The problem here is: if you uncheck "use seasonal adjustments" the imola.ini is not working properly. This happens also with Mugello. The reason is, these *ini files are only working correctly with "use seasonal adjustments" enabled. I´ve had the same problem and have it left enabled. You can change to summer date easily ingame using the SOL weather app.

Yes, Imola is a mess with whatever they did for seasonal adjustments. I'm trying to fix it on my own by editing the .ini file and color adjusting the grass texture files, but it's not a simple process. I don't know what i'm looking at in the .ini file so it's a lot of trial and error.

Brands Hatch is weird for me as well. The coloring is fine, but the grass has this weird shimmering. Will tackle that one if I ever figure out Imola. Hopefully I learn something from it that I can use to fix Brands.

Last edited:
After a day of learning a few things, this is what I came up with for Imola. Sorry for the poor picture quality and weird colors. I'm still playing around with the textures.

Spring:

Screenshot_rss_gtm_lanzo_v10_imola_5-12-120-18-56-54.jpg

Fall:

Screenshot_rss_gtm_lanzo_v10_imola_5-12-120-18-57-8.jpg

The trick for fixing the weird 3D grass color in the fall was to deactivate that adjustment. You can do it yourself if you have a notepad editor, especially Notepad++.

Open the Imola.ini file located in your 'assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded' folder. Please make a backup before making any changes. Look for the line [MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_4] and change ACTIVE from 1 to 0. That will keep the 3d grass and 2d grass texture the same color, after you adjust the 3d grass color following the steps below.

Altering the summer 3d grass color takes a bit more trial and error, depending on your ppfilter and if you use any custom skins. These pics have my own custom grass\tree texture colors (still a work in progress) . Look for the [MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_0] section. Play around with the VALUE_1 and VALUE_2 lines. Lowering them darkens the color of 3d grass color and visa versa. I settled on VALUE_1=0.07 and VALUE_2=0.233.

I know these colors still need work but at least I can race Imola again without getting sick from the visuals.

Hope this helps someone...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back