Help me decide pls :) Monitor or Wheel?

Hello fellow racers,
Its the time of year i have to buy something, again....
I have a very hard choice to make, as you see at my signature i have a 27" beautiful monitor and the old but steady G27 with some modifications.
The question to you all is, should i buy a 34" ultrawide monitor or should i upgrade to a T300 or TX or TS-PC?

Please give me your thoughts cause i have to send the letter to Santa :D

Thank you and keep racing
Happy holidays

I'd vote for this, if it was my christmas list: http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-34UC79G-B
Approximately the same height as your current 27", but gives 32% more horizontal view. It's the next best thing after triples and VR. ;)

If you fancy a wheel change, you'd better wait some until the TS-PC price gets lower. It's a good piece of kit, but not that much better than the T300 as the price suggests.

Upvote 0
Why so? I have basically the same (34UM57-P), the only real difference between the two is how low FreeSync can go. It's a good monitor, but you'll regret moving back to a lower refresh rate after that 144Hz AOC, especially when the price difference is that small. Natively it's only 60Hz, you can enforce 75Hz just with a custom resolution in the nVidia control panel. And it's still nowhere near to the experience of a 144Hz counterpart. You won't be able to use FreeSync either, so the higher native refresh rate pretty much wins in every aspect. Not to mention that the UC79 is curved, while the UM58 is flat.

P.S.: And you can always justify some extra cost by selling the old HW. ;)

Upvote 0
Hi Vangelis mate.
I have the LG34UM68 Freesync monitor 34" Ultrawide and I love it. It was the cheapest 34" monitor I could find. I'm not too bothered about higher resolutions like 4k yet and this resolution of 2560x1080 is just right for my card to push. I use it at 75hz with an AMD RX480 and its great. My eyes can't see the difference between 60hz, 75hz or 144 hz anyway.
https://www.alza.co.uk/34-lg-34um68...cpa_produkty&gclid=CNzhnrXJ-NACFcad7QodvZsIzA
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Or go higher and get the T500RS ;):D
Higher? Well, maybe in pure force. But that comes with more internal resistance and cogginess (brushed motor vs brushless), bigger size, lack of support for current console generations and although a 30cm, but rubber coated wheel with a not too ideal button layout.

Upvote 0
Higher? Well, maybe in pure force. But that comes with more internal resistance and cogginess (brushed motor vs brushless), bigger size, lack of support for current console generations and although a 30cm, but rubber coated wheel with a not too ideal button layout.

LOL. I knew you'd bite.:laugh:;)

I have tried both the T300 and my current T500 and I can't tell the difference regarding "cogginess" or resistance. But the T500 is quite a bit more powerful. As for Console support, I couldn't care less:D. And my GTE wheel and F1 wheel feel good enough for me.

Upvote 0
Sorry Vangelis if my opinion struggles you even more, but I definately go for a wheel upgrade. If I were you I'd pick that T300 that comes now with the alcantara 30cm rim and the pro pedals without hesitation. Displays will improve in the meantime and/or get cheaper.
Man, is a sim racing game, get dat wheel !!! :whistling::):thumbsup:

Upvote 0
LOL. I knew you'd bite.:laugh:;)

I have tried both the T300 and my current T500 and I can't tell the difference regarding "cogginess" or resistance. But the T500 is quite a bit more powerful. As for Console support, I couldn't care less:D. And my GTE wheel and F1 wheel feel good enough for me.
Good for you. I couldn't stand the feeling of the T500, it was choppy (HT brushed motor + toothed belt), despite the fact that the torque it had was lovely. So I put my vote on smoothness, quicker rotation and better communication of subtle forces, for a small sacrifice in max torque. ;)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back