Help Identifying Bucket Seat

Does anyone have an idea what make and model these seats are? And are they worth $400 as a pair? This person has no idea what they have, so if these seats are valuable, it could be really good deal, even if I only need one. Thanks!

123344524_10220523870586845_3280721034508923542_o.jpg

They don´t look to shabby, but to be honest I´d prefer a new seat to one somebody else has farted on.

A new sparco R100 is 318 Euros here and you should be able to get something similar where you live.

If you have your mind set on these check for broken mechanism and worn upholstery.
Most reclineable seats develop play over the years which will be disturbing when using a strong brake pedal.
The cover looks like faux leather which will get quite warm, maybe even moist when racing.

I personally don´t believe these are ther bargain of the century.
( And i´m to far away to cheat them from you ;))

MFG Carsten

Edith: on the flipside these seem to have sliders mounted, so they just bolt to your rig.
No need for an extra mounting solution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What kind of rig are you building? Do you ever plan to install tactile? These seats look like they are not a hard-shell seat (fiberglass/composite). As such they would be difficult to get good tactile through.

Upvote 0
I don't recognize them but it could be and okay deal. While you can get a single seat for less, you can also easily spend $1,500 or more. Check the material quality and stitching. If the leather feels plasticky or you see single stitching, this would be a no deal for me. If it is a nice thick leather that is still in good shape with quality stitching, offer less and spend an hour detailing them and you could have a score. The material quality is going to be the best indication if you don't know much about them. Also, get a pic of the back and bottom if you can so you have a better idea of the construction. Steal frames are cheapest normally. Fiberglass or a composite are fairly common but often cost a bit more. Aluminum and carbon fiber are also options that can get pretty expensive.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Put it this way, its $158 for an unknown quality vs $400 for an unknown quality.

I would just spend at your top end for a single seat and keep in mind one of the questions above, are you going tactile as these seats wont be nearly as good as a hard shell.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back