Help: dizzy/headachey feeling when driving rFactor

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the recent attempts at a resurrection of rF, I have started trying to like it again ... but TBH I have two issues which are making this troublesome:

- The cockpit/in car views tend to be pretty bad IMO, but nothing we can do is going to change this one. The cockpits may be lovely and detailed, but I wanna be able to actually see something of the track and other cars as this kinda helps when racing eh? (and yeah I have tried moving the seat position) ...
For me this majorly detracts from the racing experience and immersion I get compared to driving Race 07 / Evo events, as I end up having to go hood cam in rF, which is a step backwards :rolleyes

- The second issue is much worse though. I find that when I drive anything but the karts, I tend to get a dizzy/sick/headachey feel after just a few laps.
After dabbling with the various control and display settings, I reckon that YAW and FOV are the main culprits for this ... so ... if a few of you could please post up the settings you are using for this, I'll give em a whirl and see if I can't get this sussed a bit better so I can start to enjoy rF a little more. :wink2:

Ta chaps :good:

I know they are bad mate ... which is partially why I checked them first, but I also used both of these as I would really like to drive both the karts and the MMG F1 mods <--- actually the F1 seems worse than the karts :sad:

Will keep fiddling with settings and see if I can fix it :good:

Motion Sickness is something that is well documented for FPS games and cockpit view driving games. Your environment in which you play also has a bearing, especially if you are one of those gamers that plays in dim light. This causes the eyes and the brain to focus more on the screen, which could multiply the effect.

Frame rates and lighting can do a lot to ease the problems. I have not been able to play FPS for about 10 years now because I feel like I am strapped to a roundabout whilst doing so. One night it happened and I cannot get rid of the feeling. Before I was able to do 4-5 hours on FPS no problem.

Some advocate eating ginger before playing or trying to play through the problem until your senses become attuned to it.

Thanks ... its only RF though ... Race 07 I am fine with ... Framerate on both is locked at 60 (v-synch), and rarely, if ever drops.

Just seems something in the way rF world moves that makes me go all spinny. :sad:

Not much time to look at this lately ... and as I basically just want to jump in and drive at the mo rather than test stuff, I will be sticking to Simbin titles for now :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back