Hello, friends, I require some pedal assistance

I've been having issues with my pedals since I bought the game, now, to note, I do have a (very) cheap wheel, Hama V5, I know that's an issue in itself but I have managed to get it to work fairly decently in Raceroom and Beamng, my issues are as follows: my pedals sometimes don't fully engage ingame(when fully pressed) or they are partially engaged without any input on my part, I've recently tried to fix this issue with DIview but the game seems to read RAW DATA so I can't calibrate it. Extra details: it seems the different pedal errors happen randomly, sometimes it reads too much input sometimes too little, both brake and gas share the same axis. Thank you in advance, cheers! https://imgur.com/a/KeMhJqM

EDIT: SOLVED!:
The solution is as follows: access your: C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg and open the "Controls" file with Notepad, look for these lines:
[THROTTLE]
JOY=3
AXLE=1
MIN=0.0001
MAX=-1

[BRAKES]
JOY=3
AXLE=1
MIN=-0.0001
MAX=1
GAMMA=1
Decreasing the "MAX" values will result in configuring a deadzone at the ends of the axis,
Decreasing the "MIN" value of "THROTTLE"(usually to negative number) will add a deadzone at it's start
Increasing the "MIN" value of "BRAKES" will add a deadzone at it's start
Here's an image of my fix and values{Note that putting 0.9 at "MAX" means I've added a 10% deadzone, (1-0.9)*100=10}, I've added a visual representation of the axis for those more visually inclined.

Last edited:
Can you calibrate the pedals in de drivers and are the pedals showing the correct input in the drivers?
There is no option to calibrate the pedals in the driver, yes, they are showing input the correlates with DIview's raw data(except for the center of the raw data, which seems to just...move from time to time)

ohh then I really have no idea. But I really hope that you find a way to fix it because assetto corsa is an great game and has a great community.
Thank you, I agree, I have been playing for a while now even with the issues, but lately getting left behind on the Kemmel straight because I can't access full throttle...frustrates me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back