Heartland Motorsports Park - Topeka, Kansas

Tracks Heartland Motorsports Park - Topeka, Kansas 1.0 Public Release

Login or Register an account to download this content

Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods

Tyrone Hesbrook
Premium
Tyrone - Nukedrop Mods submitted a new resource:

Heartland Motorsports Park - Topeka, Kansas - Heartland Motorsports Park, is a multi-purpose motorsports facility

If you enjoy this track, please consider a PayPal donation using the link above, or you can also optionally support me on my Patreon Page.
https://www.patreon.com/nukedrop

While this mod is FREE. This file is quite large, meaning hosting costs have added up to be quite a bit for Race Department. If you want to contribute, the best way is to buy a Race Department Premium Membership

Heartland...

Read more about this resource...

Won't open in Content Manager - gets stuck on the loading screen (nascarA layout).

Opened eventually - but takes a long time for some reason. Exiting the track also took a long time.

Last edited:
I'm experiencing major frame drops whenever I'm facing the paddock area (exit of Turn 3 is an example). It's unfortunate because I love this track but I can't race on it without the game crashing when the buildings are in-view. Any idea why this is happening?

Won't open in Content Manager - gets stuck on the loading screen (nascarA layout).

Opened eventually - but takes a long time for some reason. Exiting the track also took a long time.

Is this just in practice mode, or with other cars on track? Also if you don't mind me asking what are your PC specs? The track loads just as quickly as any Kunos content for me, from an SSD.

And with the replays, do you mean when the camera pans across the environment and there's something on the track, or parts of the terrain that are between the camera and the car? Or is the car actualy vanishing from existance?

Finally if you could elaborate more on the 3D grass issues you're having (that you mentioned in your review) I'll try and figure out why it's not working for you.

Last edited:
FWIW I'm experiencing neither of those issues. Loads same as every other track, holds 135-140fps with a little dip into the high 120s on the back part of the track.

Looks great - instantly recognizable to this person who has been there IRL. :)

FWIW I'm experiencing neither of those issues. Loads same as every other track, holds 135-140fps with a little dip into the high 120s on the back part of the track.

Looks great - instantly recognizable to this person who has been there IRL. :)

Thanks for the feedback! It's really hard to diagnose issues when there's a lack of info, so in this case it's actually nice to hear it works okay for some users!

Is this with cars in the pitlane or in practice mode with just the on car on track?
When it's just me on-track, the game runs fine. I ran a test race with 23 other cars and the exit of Turn 3 was always an issue, no matter if I was in the front or rear of the pack. If I make it farther, the issue happens again near the capstone bridge. My PC isn't the best, but I've been able to run most tracks without issue (your Toronto and Sebring run well).

Most of the time CM tells me it can't find out what's wrong, but once CM was able to give me this set of errors:

AC\kgl.cpp (642): kglSwapBuffers
AC\graphicsmanager.cpp (383): GraphicsManager::endScene
AC\game.cpp (166): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

Hope this means something, maybe my issues are a sign that I need a new PC.

When it's just me on-track, the game runs fine. I ran a test race with 23 other cars and the exit of Turn 3 was always an issue, no matter if I was in the front or rear of the pack. If I make it farther, the issue happens again near the capstone bridge. My PC isn't the best, but I've been able to run most tracks without issue (your Toronto and Sebring run well).

Most of the time CM tells me it can't find out what's wrong, but once CM was able to give me this set of errors:

AC\kgl.cpp (642): kglSwapBuffers
AC\graphicsmanager.cpp (383): GraphicsManager::endScene
AC\game.cpp (166): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

Hope this means something, maybe my issues are a sign that I need a new PC.
Is this a spec field? May be worth trying with a field full of just a default Kunos lotus or something.

Just to rule out any mod cars?

Is this a spec field? May be worth trying with a field full of just a default Kunos lotus or something.

Just to rule out any mod cars?
So I tried with a field of the Kunos Lotus Evora GTC and a field of the Kunos Mercedes GT3. With both the track is fantastic, framerate is pretty stable. I was having my problems with a grid of Pessio's Euronascar mod. Looks like it's an issue with the cars, not track. Thanks for the help troubleshooting!

Is this just in practice mode, or with other cars on track? Also if you don't mind me asking what are your PC specs? The track loads just as quickly as any Kunos content for me, from an SSD.

And with the replays, do you mean when the camera pans across the environment and there's something on the track, or parts of the terrain that are between the camera and the car? Or is the car actualy vanishing from existance?

Finally if you could elaborate more on the 3D grass issues you're having (that you mentioned in your review) I'll try and figure out why it's not working for you.
Hi Ty. I have a Intel i5-9600, 16GB RAM, SSD. Every other track loads a *lot* quicker than this one. In Content Manager, it gets stuck on "Miscellaneous Preparation" for ages, then eventually loads. I only commented because every other track (and I have lots) loads relatively quickly. This was offline practice mode.

With the replay, on the Nascar layout anyway, there are sections of the replay where the camera is too far away, and the car is not even visible (I am on triples).

I enabled Grass FX in CSP, now it looks fine :)

Attachments

• 20230718221941_1.jpg
    20230718221941_1.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 48
Hello!

I apologize, I'm new to Assetto Corsa and this is my first modded track. In fact, the only reason I got AC is to run this Heartland Park mod! It's the first track I ever went to as a kid, it's where I got hooked up with my NASCAR contacts that led to a decade+ career, and I have multiple wins and a track record there in sports car racing. So when I heard it was bulit in AC I jumped at the chance to drive it. But I'm a newb to installing mod tracks in AC. I must be doing something wrong, because I can't get it to load. I can choose it as a track option, it tries to load, but just quits back to the main menu. I have a legion 5 tower with an i7 and a GTX 3060, 32mb RAM. I run triple monitors and wonder if that's part of my problem. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, this track is all I want out of AC! So thanks for building it!

Hello!

I apologize, I'm new to Assetto Corsa and this is my first modded track. In fact, the only reason I got AC is to run this Heartland Park mod! It's the first track I ever went to as a kid, it's where I got hooked up with my NASCAR contacts that led to a decade+ career, and I have multiple wins and a track record there in sports car racing. So when I heard it was bulit in AC I jumped at the chance to drive it. But I'm a newb to installing mod tracks in AC. I must be doing something wrong, because I can't get it to load. I can choose it as a track option, it tries to load, but just quits back to the main menu. I have a legion 5 tower with an i7 and a GTX 3060, 32mb RAM. I run triple monitors and wonder if that's part of my problem. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, this track is all I want out of AC! So thanks for building it!

Hi,

I have an in-depth guide going over the requirements here. You likely need to install Content Manager

Thanks,
Ty

The Grand Prix track layout loads up fine for me. Didn't have performance issues. But the Modified NASCAR A layout gets stuck on the Miscellaneous preparation - Replays
1697058026919.png

Apparently, there was this same issue with the Jamwest Speedway track here recently and the solution was to set the replay quality and replay size to minimum. The track would load then.
1697059483663.png

There is a little bit of a discussion here about possible reasons:

The Grand Prix track layout loads up fine for me. Didn't have performance issues. But the Modified NASCAR A layout gets stuck on the Miscellaneous preparation - Replays
View attachment 700237

Apparently, there was this same issue with the Jamwest Speedway track here recently and the solution was to set the replay quality and replay size to minimum. The track would load then.
View attachment 700248

There is a little bit of a discussion here about possible reasons:
Yessir, this is the fix. Thank you for the response!

First, thank you. Heartland Park was my home track. It sadly closed last season. I ran my 500 Abarth there for 16 SCCA Track Nights. The track is dead on. Is there a way to move the cones in Turn 8? The configuration I ran was always with the sharper turn 8. I think most would agree.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back