HE sprints vs ultimates

Hi guys
I know this will have been discussed previously but I was hoping for some more input.
I currently have the csl LC pedals and I want to upgrade, and I really can’t decide between the sprints or the ultimates. Although the price difference doesn’t really matter I don’t want to spend almost double if I don’t have too. If that makes sense.
So my question is, are the ultimates worth the extra, I have seen there seams to be more ‘travel’ on the ultimates brake which I like but the software seams to be difficult to setup on the ultimates? any help would be really appreciated thanks in advance

Here is a seemingly credible direct comparison:

Test drive: Comparing Heusinkveld Ultimate vs Sprint Pedals

FWIW, there is so much variation among real pedals that IMO, excepting clutch,
even Logitech pedals feel less different from some than some real pedals feel from others.

An innovation that I have yet to see:
  • pedals with feel that can be reconfigured by the sim according to the selected car.

Upvote 1
Surprising and good read @blekenbleu I find myself in a similar position I have the CS Elite LC brakes and yes it is a lot of money for the Ultimates but this is my main hobby that I love so if it's worth going for the better ones at the cost of saving elsewhere I will, I found it a great read but one thing that puts me off the Ultimates, for now, is that Neils mentioned in an interview youtube video an upgrade coming soon for the Ultimates and I would hate to buy them to find a 1.5 version came out with the integrated electronics like the Sprints... I don't hate my CSL Elite LC pedals but I feel like there surely must be a noticeable improvement in feel and realism, I have been lucky enough to try the Simtag Hydraulic pedals and was not a big fan personally but they were setup not so much to my liking...

Upvote 0
I went from the CLS LC to the HE Sprints recently and and happy with the decision. I also considered the Ultimates as I did want a firmer pedal then I was getting on the Fanatec LC but the software on the Sprints won me over. In practice, I use a little below the limit on the HE Sprints and am thinking of lowering it a bit more. I think that to use more then the max force allowed with the Sprints would require a stronger leg then the avg. guy and fatigue would certainly become a factor if you did longer races. Not saying that is not great for those who want it, but I bet most Ultimate owners use a force in the range of the Sprints. As for pedal travel, there could be some benefit there. When I first got my sprints, I maxed out the travel for the throttle thinking it would give me more control. Turns out, that was just too long a throw for my ankle and I needed to shorted it up from the max setting. Never really thought about that, but at least with the throttle you don't need a ton of distance. The brake you use more of your leg mussels though so this probably would no longer apply.

Upvote 0
something about the ultimates being updated
" The software of the Ultimate version is currently under hard work behind the scenes,
as well as the associated special hardware that is needed for good communication.
If everything goes according to plan,
Heusinkveld expects to launch the software for the Ultimate version on the market in a few months."

Professional sim racing with high-quality pedals 11 May 2021​

Upvote 0
Thank you clover11 would you say the throw of the brake pedal on the sprints is similar to the csl lc or shorter and does it have a much better ‘feel’ I currently is 1 95 and 3 85s bumpers in the brake

Upvote 0
" The software of the Ultimate version is currently under hard work behind the scenes,
as well as the associated special hardware that is needed for good communication.
If everything goes according to plan,
Heusinkveld expects to launch the software for the Ultimate version on the market in a few months."

Professional sim racing with high-quality pedals 11 May 2021​

So in other words if I decided on the ultimates it’s worth waiting for the update?

Upvote 0
So in other words if I decided on the ultimates it’s worth waiting for the update?
In my opinion it probably is worth waiting but then again this may take years sometimes you simply never know! I like the MECA CUP pedals too but I don't know whether their customer service can rival HE and from that aspect, the additional cost can be worth the pain down the line...

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

HE Pro had less issues than Sprint, same could happen with Ultimate. New design always introduces unknowns and risks.

Upvote 0
Sounds like money is no issue and therefore get the Ultimate's or you will question your decision. The Ultimate's are better. How could they not be. I think only you can answer the "have too" question since this is purely subjective.

Upvote 0
Hi guys
I know this will have been discussed previously but I was hoping for some more input.
I currently have the csl LC pedals and I want to upgrade, and I really can’t decide between the sprints or the ultimates. Although the price difference doesn’t really matter I don’t want to spend almost double if I don’t have too. If that makes sense.
So my question is, are the ultimates worth the extra, I have seen there seams to be more ‘travel’ on the ultimates brake which I like but the software seams to be difficult to setup on the ultimates? any help would be really appreciated thanks in advance
The DIView is very easy to use and can accomplish absolutely everything that the new dedicated software does, only relevant difference being the graphics for visualize the curves; which are nice but quite superfluous. That and having seen some quality issues with the Sprints being posted here and there (that could be punctual but still) in my opinion the Ultimates are a no brainer - specially if money is not a factor.

Upvote 0
I have the HE pros and use about half of the available force , I can't imagine anyone needing more as at half level mine still take a lot of force to operate , anything more and you would be getting tired legs in long stints.
I came from the Fanatec V3's and theses are miles better in feel , modulation , available force and resolution.
The HE pros are my final pedal set , I am completely happy with them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I have the HE pros and use about half of the available force , I can't imagine anyone needing more as at half level mine still take a lot of force to operate , anything more and you would be getting tired legs in long stints.
I came from the Fanatec V3's and theses are miles better in feel , modulation available force and resolution.
The HE pros are my final pedal set , I am completely happy with them.
From what I've read Sprint are actually not that strong as most people maxing them out.
Agree on Pros, I am probably at 75% myself.

Upvote 0
Hi guys
Hey, the Ultimate pedals can offer more travel than the Sprints. However, this is at forces beyond the Sprint's 65KG maximum. For the 15-65KG range, the Sprint pedals will always be softer (more travel) than the Ultimate pedals. The maximum travel on the Ultimate brake pedal is achieved by using the 3 white rubbers it comes installed with, and pushing until their 80KG maximum.

I found it a great read but one thing that puts me off the Ultimates, for now, is that Neils mentioned in an interview youtube video an upgrade coming soon for the Ultimates and I would hate to buy them to find a 1.5 version came out with the integrated electronics like the Sprints...
We are indeed working on an update for the Ultimate pedals, the main thing is to offer compatibility with our SmartControl software. Alongside this, there will also be some small hardware improvements. We'll make this available as an upgrade package for all existing Ultimate owners. Please not that I unfortunately can't give a release date yet, but it is making good progress.

HE Pro had less issues than Sprint, same could happen with Ultimate. New design always introduces unknowns and risks.
I'm not really sure what this is based on. :)
Please keep in mind that we've grown massively in the last 2 years (and the last 14 months especially). It is quite understandable that you read more about failures online when there are more products in the market. Furthermore, we've significantly upgraded our testing capability to tackle these unknowns and risks.

From what I've read Sprint are actually not that strong as most people maxing them out.
Agree on Pros, I am probably at 75% myself.
To put this into perspective, the Sprint maximum brake force is 10KG's higher than that of the Pro's. (An 18% increase).

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Something doesn"t add up then. Why they are harder to push to maximum. Travel as you mentioned above or lever design?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea