Hawaii Raceway Park

Tracks Hawaii Raceway Park 0.85

Login or Register an account to download this content
ArchangelX submitted a new resource:

Hawaii Raceway Park - A historic raceway in the heat of Hawaii

Hawaii Raceway Park

Hawaii Raceway Park was Oahu, Hawaii's first major racetrack. Built in a series of phases starting in 1962, the eventual completed facility became the home of motorsports in Hawaii for over forty years.

View attachment 398409

HRP as it was popularly known, was also known as Hawaii Motorsports Center, due to the fact that it hosted many different styles of racing venues to include a two dirt tracks (stock and...

Read more about this resource...

The track doesn't appear in my track list after placing it in my tracks-folder. First time this has ever happened, I've installed about 600 tracks... I wonder what might be the problem, everything seems to be in place. :O_o:

EDIT. Requires launch via CM it seems...

The track doesn't appear in my track list after placing it in my tracks-folder. First time this has ever happened, I've installed about 600 tracks... I wonder what might be the problem, everything seems to be in place. :O_o:

EDIT. Requires launch via CM it seems...

Hmm. I will look into this. Sorry, I have CM installed. It may be due to the JSON file.

It's a JSON-file issue indeed. Managed to solve it by making a new one, could not pinpoint the precise problem.

This is not a big deal, just might bother some anti-CM-activists. :)

Thanks for that. Do you mind attaching the JSON file so I can see what the differences are? I will include it in the next update. Otherwise, I will fix tomorrow when it's a more decent time. Thanks!

Thanks for that. Do you mind attaching the JSON file so I can see what the differences are? I will include it in the next update. Otherwise, I will fix tomorrow when it's a more decent time. Thanks!

I'm going with this one:

{
"name": "Hawaii Raceway Park / USA",
"description": "Hawaii Raceway Park",
"tags":
["Hawaii"],
"country": "USA",
"city": "Oahu",
"length": "2400m",
"width": "",
"pitboxes": "24",
"run": "anti-clockwise",
"year": "",
"author": "",
"version": "",
"url": ""
}

I've updated the surface file, I didn't realize it wasn't working. In addition, I've gone through with ksEditor and gotten rid of the duplicate textures. A few more changes and I'll release an update with all of this. Mahalo!

hello, first thank you for your track, and is very nice. Found a little problem in the pit area. Seems if you go to the right of the pit crews on the
pit road I run into an invisible barrier just before I get to my pit stall, also the AI cars run into it also leaving the pits in WEEKEND mode.

Also the pit road is not working properly with my pit stall being highlighted in RED to do pitting. You must not have that road designate as PIT.

Racing was great in RACE mode. Did not try the replay cameras yet. Your UI file says it is version .5. But you show in your title it is suppose to be version .75 I changed mine to version .75.

take care

Last edited:
hello, first thank you for your track, and is very nice. Found a little problem in the pit area. Seems if you go to the right of the pit crews on the
pit road I run into an invisible barrier just before I get to my pit stall, also the AI cars run into it also leaving the pits in WEEKEND mode.

Also the pit road is not working properly with my pit stall being highlighted in RED to do pitting. You must not have that road designate as PIT.

Racing was great in RACE mode. Did not try the replay cameras yet. Your UI file says it is version .5. But you show in your title it is suppose to be version .75 I changed mine to version .75.

take care

Yes, I noticed that I accidentally turned a barrier that exists there in real life (well, it used to) off on export. I'll fix that in the next update which should be later today. I'll probably just remove it for convenience sake. I will also look into cleaning up the pit area more...the road is designated as PIT, but maybe I did it wrong. I'l update the UI.

Thank you for the feedback!

Big update coming tonight. Tons of changes including full lighting. :)

Screenshot_ginetta_gt4_2017_rhd_hawaii_raceway_park_20-7-120-15-55-50.jpg

ArchangelX updated Hawaii Raceway Park with a new update entry:

We've got light!

Thank you to everyone for the continued feedback! I know this is a very small, grassroots track, but it has something to it that just makes it enjoyable. It's very high speed and the corners that are there are quite tricky to screw up.

View attachment 399926

I have spent a few days trying to match it to the historical photos and videos I have. Therefore I've made quite a few changes:

Adjusted outside terrain of course to match real site
  • Added in additional exterior...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ArchangelX updated Hawaii Raceway Park with a new update entry:

Improved racing!

Thanks for enjoying this small, grassroots track from Hawaii! Here are some new updates.

View attachment 404973

Added ideal_line.ai to data folder to prevent early pitting by AI
Added additional cones in spots from the real track
Reworked pit lane to remove bumps and added additional width for spacing
Tweaked terrain in several spots
Tweaked road course in a few spots

I've been trying to resolve the pit issue during Race events where the "wrong way" sign is up. Apparently...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good looking track. I raced at HRP in the early to mid 70s. One difference back then is we went about half way down the dragstrip and then turned right onto a part of the track that had a few turns and then rejoined at the very end of the dragstrip, came back up the dragstrip a little ways and then jumped onto the beginning of the return road. A fun course that other than the dragstrip had a lot of ups and downs, tight corners, and a few challenging bumps. Of course back then, we didn't have any permanent drag race starting fixtures. But we did have a real mix of race cars. Every thing from a race prepared bugeyed midget all the way up to a thunderous BOSS 302. I was driving a race prepared Opel GT. Again, thanks for all you good work.

The track looks amazing, is fun to drive, etc., but theres one, teensy tiny issue ive come across. the map gui says that im driving like 10-20 feet off of the track. it just looks like the track is offset compared to where its supposed to be. other than that, this is a really cool track. wish they didnt destroy it all those years ago.

Is there any chance of getting the circle track opened up for driving? I grew up this track and I'm blown away by finding this today.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.