Have Your Say: Who do YOU want to win the Championship in Abu Dhabi?

The only reason why Hamilton is 2nd because dropped out twice. Otherwise Nice would not stand a chance. The deliberate fault move on Hamilton at Redbull Ring and on Verstappen at Hockenheim is not forgotten. Now he gets overclassed big time by Hamilton 3 races in a row.
For me when under pressure Rosberg is not true world championship material.
If you start thinking whats the least effort to still become Worldchampion instead of going for the victory every time is also not really a way you would want to become champion.

now he gets overclassed big time by Hamilton 3 races in a row.
For me when under pressure Rosberg is not true world championship material.

I'm sorry, but I seem to remember Rosberg outclassing Hamilton at the end of last season :D

Also has he cracked under pressure this season? Well considering that he is leading the world championship, I'll answer no to that question as well

and on Verstappen at Hockenheim

Let's talk about this move for a minute because I think it's a PRIME example of inconsistent stewarding

Hamilton hits into Nico at turn one at Canada this season. Nico forced off the track ---> No penalty

Verstappen hits into Nico at turn one at Mexico this season- Nico forced off the track --> No penalty

Alonso comes from a long way back and clatters into Massa at Austin. Massa got a puncture and was forced off the track --> No penalty

Verstappen forces Raikkonen off the road at Les Combes at Belgium --> No Penalty

All of these moves were just as bad or worse than what Nico did in Germany, yet Nico was the only one to get penalised

(Also Nico's overtake on Raikkonen was better than both of Nando's in Austin, yet Nico got penalised and Nando didn't. Kvyat also did the same as Nando in Austin, the very next round and got a penalty. There is no god damn consistency)

Last edited:
I must say the nerves must be really jangling for Rosberg! He has a great opportunity to be champion but he is prone to make mistakes when the pressure is on. I think it would be wiser for him to stay behind Hamilton & hope the car is reliable(although Hamilton hasn't had that luck this season :whistling:)
One thing I would love to see is Verstappen in the Mercedes, he would give both a good run for their money! :thumbsup:

Rosberg
- He deserves it after 2 years of pure frustation
- I think Rosberg on-track-BS is not as bad as Hamilton on-and-off-BS
- He has not as much talent as LH but he is putting in waaay more work

Rosberg
- He deserves it after 2 years of pure frustration
My thoughts exactly. :thumbsup:
I recon Hamilton will be "driving miss Daisy" in desperate attempt to slow down Rosberg enough for others to jump ahead of him. Luckily.. two less aggressive drivers from other two top teams are in front. I mean... if Max and Vettel slam into someone tomorrow, it's best they ram each other. :rolleyes:

Rosberg
- He deserves it after 2 years of pure frustation
Absolute rubbish, you clearly have no idea how top level sport works! Nobody gets to the top and stays there without at the very least doing just as much as everyone else. Again another example people think Usain Bolt doesn't train hard because of his demeanour and protensity to be seen partying but he trains harder than most of the guys out there.

Natural talent only gets you so far and let's not forget Hamilton worked his way up from nothing and wasn't born into motorsport with limitless funds like Nico, honestly the bias and or lack of understanding of some of you guys is depressing.

Absolute rubbish, you clearly have no idea how top level sport works! Nobody gets to the top and stays there without at the very least doing just as much as everyone else. Again another example people think Usain Bolt doesn't train hard because of his demeanour and protensity to be seen partying but he trains harder than most of the guys out there.
Natural talent only gets you so far and let's not forget Hamilton worked his way up from nothing and wasn't born into motorsport with limitless funds like Nico, honestly the bias and or lack of understanding of some of you guys is depressing.
Hey calm down Vetell, you're not into your car now. :alien:
Calling someone's else opinion "rubbish" just show that you, apart from having no manners at all, have no idea what you're talking about. Like your opinion is some kind of axiom. :)
Accusing 69% of the forum to be Nico's fanboys, while you're not being Lewis at the same time, I have to disagree that "everybody trains the same". That... lemme not using the same language as you... is simply not true. Some train hard, some even more. But not the same. They not a robots. :cautious:

Calling someone's else opinion "rubbish" just show that you, apart from having no manners at all, have no idea what you're talking about. Like your opinion is some kind of axiom. :)
Accusing 69% of the forum to be Nico's fanboys, while you're not being Lewis at the same time, I have to disagree that "everybody trains the same". That... lemme not using the same language as you... is simply not true. Some train hard, some even more. But not the same. They not a robots. :cautious:

Posts like these make me miss the good old winner rating :)

Check again, I never even stated if I preferred one or the other, it simply annoys me when people rage on Hamilton or any other driver for things one of their preferred drivers has done.

And it's not an opinion it's fact and any one who has competed at the top level or near to it of their respective sports would know that. There are no shortcuts to the top, even on drugs you still have to put the work in. Also what is your 69% number from, the poll which again I never said he doesn't deserve to win, but I will always side with better drivers deserving it more whether the other guy has made the best of his situation or not, same reason I never rated Vettel, I like to see drivers earn their victories through hard fought track battles. I've not really watched a lot since Mercedes have been dominating because it's boring knowing who will win.

If you think you are getting an honest representation of the drivers then you are living in a dream world, part of what happens when you are representing your country or in their case the company is you go through extensive media training which is also why they all have people following them around with dictaphones. The media however love people stepping out of line and not following the rules or slipping up hence why some people get portrayed in a bad light.

The thing you have to remember is they are young guys brought up in a very artificial environment where they have been competing to be the best in a high pressure environment and you are expecting them to be down to earth and level headed all the time?!

Actually what annoys me most is how much influence the media has on people's perceptions which is what I find depressing. Anyway I'm rambling now because I've been stuck inside for the last month after getting run over so I'll be quiet now :) .

Actually what annoys me most is how much influence the media has on people's perceptions which is what I find depressing. Anyway I'm rambling now because I've been stuck inside for the last month after getting run over so I'll be quiet now :) .
"The media"..?!
I've heard THREE former Formula 1 drivers, one of them being Niki Lauda, saying the same effin thing, Hamilton has exceptional feel for the car(some might call it talent) that Nico is missing, which is why he has to work harder, put in more simulator laps, speak more with his mechanics about telemetry, strategies and adjustments.
And don't write me another TLTR back.

"The media"..?!
I've heard THREE former Formula 1 drivers, one of them being Niki Lauda, saying the same effin thing, Hamilton has exceptional feel for the car(some might call it talent) that Nico is missing, which is why he has to work harder, put in more simulator laps, speak more with his mechanics about telemetry, strategies and adjustments.
And don't write me another TLTR back.
I don't know why you assumed an open ended comment was about Hamilton when it was a general statement. Anyway let's just agree to disagree as we are just going to go around in circles and there is enough arguing on sim forums to last a lifetime, sorry if I offended you :)

WOOOO. Hulkenberg WON!!! Owh wait that's right i was still in 2017 with my flux capacitator!

WOOOO. Rosberg WON!!!!

And i'm first to comment! i'm such a boss :p

I don't know why you assumed an open ended comment was about Hamilton when it was a general statement. Anyway let's just agree to disagree as we are just going to go around in circles and there is enough arguing on sim forums to last a lifetime, sorry if I offended you :)
You didn't, I just really disliked the tone in your previous comments, thanks for the peace offer and nicer tone. On the forum arguing I agree absolutely and sorry if I stepped over the line as well.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.8%