Have Your Say: Who do YOU want to win the Championship in Abu Dhabi?

Said that both are decent drivers, definitely Rosberg, because for me Hamilton so far has gained more than deserved, and his conspiracy whines are just ridiculous.

Rosberg.

I have been a fan of Rosberg since 2006 after playing the game and him being my teammate throughout my career at Williams. And then i would cheer for him when i started to watch F1 full time in 2007 and I also started cheering for Hamilton being a 10 year old British kid and have been a fan of both ever since.

What Rosberg has done for Mercedes bringing them back into F1 and getting their first win in Decades was "for sure" awesome to see and I would really like him to win the championship with them to come full circle.

Plus Rosberg as a driver reminds me of myself when I play racing games/sims. I remember when me and my friend used to play Co-op Career on the F1 games. My friend is just naturally quicker than me no matter what even if I spend all my time practicing he is overall quicker. there are the odd circuits I was better at but I would still always lose the Championship but to me Winning the constructors was the cool part. Feeling you have achieved something together with you friend (Even if its only a game) is a cool feeling. :)

And I'm sure in a year or two Nico and Lewis will be back to 2013 friendship wise if Nico does win the championship. I think it will clear a lot of air between the two, and I have noticed them during the end of this season become a lot closer as opposed to a year ago.

*Places fanboy cap on head*
Lewis all day erry day! Would've wrapped up the title some rounds ago had he not had the unreliability that he's had this season, and Rosberg fans know it.

Well maybe not rounds ago, but he'd certainly have a sizeable lead going into Abu Dhabi. In fact, if his engine hadn't failed in Malaysia, he'd have an 11 point lead right now, so it's not too much of a stretch to assume that had he enjoyed the same reliability as Rosberg this season, he may well have won the Championship in Brazil or even America.

Well maybe not rounds ago, but he'd certainly have a sizeable lead going into Abu Dhabi. In fact, if his engine hadn't failed in Malaysia, he'd have an 11 point lead right now, so it's not too much of a stretch to assume that had he enjoyed the same reliability as Rosberg this season, he may well have won the Championship in Brazil or even America.
Also assuming Rosberg was not clattered by Vettel in Malaysia and he finished second? Since we are talking hypothetically :)

And assuming that Hamilton was not clattered by Bottas in Bahrain.

Precisely. ;)
Just making sure haha :) Some hypothesis these days really miss out the fine details ;)

All jokes aside though, i have to agree Hamilton would have won the championship earlier if the failures had not happened but this is racing and that stuff happens :/

Last edited:
Just making sure haha :) Some hypothesis these days really miss out the fine details ;)

All jokes aside though, i have to agree Hamilton would have won the championship earlier if the failures had not happened but this is racing and that stuff happens :/
It makes for great pub chat though :p

With my hamilton fanboy cap off, Rosberg really is a worthy champion. Whichever one wins it, you can't really argue that they don't deserve it. Both have been fantastic this season, and IMO they have the strongest driver paring on the grid.

Rosberg, because it would be good to show that you can take a title by hard work and determination. Hamilton hasn't changed the last 3 seasons. Rosberg did. And that is remarkable.

If Rosberg doesn't win this weekend, he will probably never have a go at it again, so if he manages to hold his lead then he deserves it.
Although purely as a driver Hamilton is better, though call to make.

Not cheering for both of the sides.

Nico, he has worked hard to be consistent this season.

But lets be honest here, due to Mercs being so much quicker than any of their rivals it was never going to be a true contest, the only 2 drivers that had any chance of taking the WDC this season are fighting for it as we type.

IMO the FIA should of bop'd the Mercs as they did with RB when they were dominating, if they had, we could of had a much different scenario for the WDC.

OFFTOPIC:
I heard last night during FP2 that Bernie is pushing for standing grid starts after safety cars for next season....WTF, is this guy going senile or what!!!

I'm a Hamilton fan, there I said it. But realistically I think Nico will take it this year. Merc has played favorites all year and Nico at times has driven his butt off when needed to. Just remember Nico and Mercedes was just "another also ran" until Hamilton came to the team and started adding his input. Coincidentally we saw the decline of McLaren. Love him, or Hate him, Hamilton brings a lot to the team and makes the overall team better, you really can't argue with the results.

Well, I'm a big Vettel fan but in this case, I have to say Nico. Kept going all season and deserves to be champ.
Hope they enjoy it, next year the MAN is back if Ferrari get their S#$# together!

PS. Dislike LH as much as Bieber.....LOL

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back