Have Your Say: What You Play When You're Not Sim Racing

I play a mixture of games when im not playing my Racing Sims,
A game called Verdun is a game ive been playing alot recently (its a realistic World War 1 Multiplayer Game where your'e fighting to take over trenches and it has a nice selection of weapons and classes to choose from)
Another favourite i keep returning to is Empyrion Galactic Survival (abit like space engineers but with food & drink, weather, wildlife, trading, a hell of alot of fun imo)
and of course Skyrim is always a game that i will constantly keep coming back to as its excellent especially with mods like Frost-fall, Immersive citizens etc etc :)

Usually immersive Medieval RPGS/Action games like Dark Souls (I have a tattoo of it so i probably don't love it), Chivalry and Mount and Blade.

Also love playing Simcades with the controller, like Forza, Gran Turismo and F1

Used to play a tonne of different games, been a gamer for like 30 years so sim racing is actually like the newest thing to me, getting into it over the past 2 years. Always liked racing games in general though. These days, however, I limit what I play to basically 3 major categories: Sim racing, fighting games, and DotA 2. Have no time for anything else, and the commitment involved in getting at least decent at even one of these sub categories is already too much. I try to space my time evenly but one thing always takes my interest more than the others at a given time. It changes month to month really. Enjoying my gaming now. Don't miss other titles/genres really.

I'm a big Dark Souls fan . And I've played most action games I could get my hands on. But to be honest, lately, it kinda doesn't seem to hold the same appeal for me. The games feel kinda same-y after 30 years of gaming nowadays. Also time is an issue - I have way too many hobbies. So I mostly just spend my gaming time simracing now.

ETS2 & ATS
IL2: Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow
Rise of Flight
FSX (and now Flight Sim World)
Elite Dangerous

Using a Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS with all the aforementioned flight sims with both parts of it bolted to the desk on opposite sides of my G27. Also using Open Track with an Aruco paper marker attached to a hat for awesome head tracking at no cost.

Occasional controller games:
Absolute Drift
One Finger Death Punch
FIM Speedway Grand Prix 15
Urban Trial Freestyle
Volgarr the Viking
Urban Trial Freestyle

I tend to pretty much play FPS's. Borderlands 2, Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, and the like.

Real Life "Simulator", it really sucks though, full of micro-transactions, but at least it has proper day and night, rain, snow, even icy roads are included

The physics are more real-to-life than any other sim out there. FFB depends on the car, but it's also top-notch.

Anybody playing old games from the 90s, whether it's on PC or consoles?
Just curious.

Having been born in 1991, I'm pretty much required to appreciate games from that decade, especially the late 90's. Some franchises that are huge today either began or hit their stride during this time.

Warframe - My eldest son introduced me to it @ Xmas last year and I've played every single day since, it's free to play ( although I have spent money in it) it's a 3rd person Space Ninja type of thing and I love it :)

GTA 5 Online, Fallout 4, ETS2, My Summer Car, trying to finish Sniper Elite V2, Spintires, Mortal Kombat X, Firewatch. This is just what is currently installed. There are 80+ others I have not even started, or are finished, or are not currently installed. (Steam)

Last edited:
Flight sims. I have a full size Lear45 simulator with real parts out of a Lear.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
Rising Storm: Vietnam

Rift:
Elite Dangerous
DCS
American Truck Sim
Euro Truck Sim 2
Other flight sims

Vive:
Onward
Pavlov
The Golf Club
Many other VR games, too many to mention.
There is not enough time in the day to play as much as I want.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%