Have Your Say: What Tracks Have You Visited In Real Life?

In Brazil:
Interlagos (F1, FiaGT, WEC and local races)
São Paulo Indy 300 Streer Circuit (Indycar)
Curitiba (WTCC)
Brasília (Sotck Car and other local races)
Goiania (Truck and local races)

Elsewhere:
Estoril (there were some Touring Car testing)
Barcelona (no cars on that day)
Montjuic Barcelona :p (the place were there were a street race) near the Olympic Stadium
Valencia (two weeks after the race :( )
Walt Disney World Speedway - Orlando (also bad luck, I saw it there in January 3rd 1997. It was empty but I could see the track. I didn't know it existed. We stayed in US until January 14 . There were a race on 25th...). I was 14 that year.

Good thread. I visited many tracks and got to drive skippy cars when I worked at Skip Barber Racing School, was a good experience during my youth years. Now as an Adult, its all up to me where I go.

Richmond International Raceway
D.C. Street course for the 2002 ALMS race
Lime Rock Park(driven)
Mid Ohio(driven)
Road Atlanta(driven)
Road America(driven)
Roebling Road Raceway(driven)
Sebring(driven)
Virginia International Raceway(driven)
Daytona Road Course(driven)
Baltimore Street course for ALMS/Indycar
Dover International Raceway
Saint Petersburg Street course, FL.
Norisring
Spa

Soon to be more in the future..

Nürburgring (GP and Nords)
Hockenheim
Zandvoort
Spa Francorchamps

Driven Hockenheim twice and Nords once

As a spectator I'd say Zandvoort was the most impressive one. Very much down to earth paddock, you'd be in the same hotel as some drivers/teams. Brill. Second one would be Spa as it's very easy to take a stroll around the track (paved), third would be Nords as you're pretty much take a walk in the woods, very relaxing.. but sometimes only 2 metres away from the racing line.

Nürburgring Nordschleife
that was my first visit to a race track, 2016, where I drove a few laps myself at Touristenfahrten on 2 days and did a lot of car spotting :)

Hockenheimring
visiting a DTM race, will go there again next month for the first DTM race of the season

Oulton Park - my local so BTCC, MGCC, MSVR races etc, somehow British GT falls on the wrong weekends
Silverstone - BTCC, WEC, GT1, MGCC
Donington Park - BTCC
Anglesey - the old version to watch friends at track day, the new version for stage rallies
Mallory Park - I remember watching the MG Metro Cup and some Jaguar sports cars (possibly replicas)
Rockingham - BTCC
Brands Hatch - I won some BTCC tickets
Nürburgring Nordschleife - turned up on way back from Switzerland nervous about doing a lap in my car that the exhaust had detached on and full of suff but it was a VLN test day so had a great time watching that and wandering the paddock instead.

Been to the hill climbs at Shelsley Walsh, Prescott, and Goodwood for shows and Loton Park for the hill climb.
also driven a couple of mini track days at Curborough Sprint track in a Rover Metro and Honda Prelude

Best for a relaxing day is Oulton Park, it is genuinely a nice place to spend a day. Best day out Anglesey for the drive up, and backdrop by the sea or some of the other Welsh Rally stages where you can make it a day wandering in the forest.

As far as full circuits are concerned:
  • Road America - I've been here as a spectator, as a worker, as a guest, since I was very young. I've driven on the track, and I have a special place in my heart for this track
As we go down the list, I can add:
  • Michigan International Speedway - twice for Nascar races
  • The Milwaukee Mile - once for a Nascar truck series race
  • Hales Corners Speedway, WI
  • Perris Auto Speedway, CA
  • River Cities Speedway, Grand Forks, ND
  • Slinger Super Speedway, WI
  • Wisconsin International Raceway, Kaukauna, WI
  • Sheboygan County Fairgrounds, Plymouth, WI
By the end of the year, I'm hoping to get to Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Sonoma, and Circuit of the Americas. Here's hoping

Only road course Ive been to is Mosport., Street courses Vancouver and Toronto. Nascar Ovals, Atlanta, Nazareth Pa, Phoenix and Darlington.
Forgot about a couple Ive been to but no race was happening I was in the area so I had a look.
Melbourne Albert Park, Sonoma, and Bristol TN , and Las Vegas Speedway

Last edited:
Silverstone about seven times, BTCC and historic cars, and Brands Hatch BTCC Finale last year and American Speedfest (also at Brands). Amazing track. Im also going to Silverstone again this year for F1 and going to Brands once again for the BTCC finale yet again.

New Hampshire Speedway
Lime Rock
Pocono Raceway
Dover Speedway
Summit Point Raceway
Daytona
Bristol
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Indianapolis Speedrome
Watkins Glen
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Sears Point Raceway
Charlotte Motor Speedway (this coming May)

Ownership Group, Employee:
Road Atlanta (1991-1998)

Raced On:
Road Atlanta
Charlotte Motor Speedway (sort of)

Visited / Series / # Visits:
Laguna Seca / Historic
Spa / F1 2009
Charlotte Motor Speedway / NASCAR
Road America / Champ Car, ALMS (2)
Virginia International Raceway / ALMS (2)
Bristol Motor Speedway / NASCAR (4)
Richmond International Raceway / NASCAR, IRL (20)
Nazareth Speedway / IndyCar 1993
South Boston, VA / NASCAR
Southside Speedway, VA / NASCAR
Road Atlanta / ALMS, WSC, Can-Am, GT3 (60)
Rockingham / NASCAR
Atlanta Motor Speedway / NASCAR

Tracks of the Bucket List:
Bathurst
Ahvenisto
Watkins Glen
Monaco
Indianapolis 500

Last edited:
Daytona International Speedway
Road Atlanta
Sebring International Raceway
Palm Beach International Raceway/Moroso Motorsports Park
Roebling Road Raceway
Del Mar, CA temporary street circuit
Coronado Speed Festival temporary circuit (Coronado, CA)
Monaco

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back