Hand Brake_AXIS?

SkeleTele

1RPM
Nov 1, 2011
Has anyone been able to map a HB that uses an AXIS instead of a button? I use an ARC HB but I can't get it to map correctly. If I engage the HB than map and release I can get the game to recognize it but the axis is reversed meaning I have to pull it to move and release to engage the cars HB. CAn anyone help with this? Thanks!

SkeleTele

1RPM
Nov 1, 2011
For anyone that has any trouble using a hand brake that has an axis, download XPADDER and map a button to the axis. My HB is now working but only as a button....

Last edited:

Tim Cannon

100RPM
Mar 24, 2009
I was gonna buy an analogue handbrake for this, but not if it doesn't work properly. Dirt 3 supports lots of analogue handbrakes, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem in dirt rally. I'm glad you tested it first.

Ryan Vickery

500RPM
Sep 11, 2010
I have my handbrake mapped to my clutch pedal and it works great, though interestingly it won't allow me to map the clutch to the clutch pedal.. Just defaults back to "unassigned".

SkeleTele

1RPM
Nov 1, 2011
I'm sure things will get sorted with more time, it just seems odd that these inputs are not supported atm, hopefully we can get proper support in the coming updates!

Last edited:

Rob Simms

250RPM
Dec 9, 2008
I guess my bad, I thought the HB was only useable with the pedal base. I will need to order and get the usb adapter!

Last edited:

Ricoow

Assetto Corsa Competizione Club Staff
Staff
Premium
Nov 13, 2010
You should update the game and try again:
  • New – Added analogue handbrake support
Changelog for the newest update ;)

wikke1984

25RPM
Jun 25, 2011
my pro handbrake of ecsimhardware is not working in this tittle. in dirt 3 complete edetion she is working great

SkeleTele

1RPM
Nov 1, 2011
If there was a way to reverse the axis I think it would work for me, wikke, if you engage the hb then map it and release does the hb work for in game? You should have to hold it to move and when you release, it will engage, this is what happens to me.

FYI, I USE A ARC HB