Hall Effect Pots

Does anyone have a source for hall effect pots similar to the Frex design without the price?

I've seen them used on varous CST style pedal sets, but haven't been able to track down a source..

HallMPOT2_320.jpg

Hoops

Thanks Paul - I've tried all of them - RS and Farnell/Element14 carry something that would probably work nicely, but with a price tag in the $200-$300AUD mark each.. :eek:

Jaycar are only good these days for remote controlled helicopters and kits :(

I'll keep looking and share any info I find..

Hoops

Upvote 0
I dont think you`ll find a cheap version of the rotary hall sensors Paul, as these are expensive items anyway.

Frex prices are high because they use high priced parts, this being one of them.

Your best bet is to use a good quality "normal" hall effect sensor and work out the best way of incorporating it into your build i think.

These can be as cheap to buy as a few pence (cents) each.

Upvote 0
I dont think you`ll find a cheap version of the rotary hall sensors Paul, as these are expensive items anyway.

Frex prices are high because they use high priced parts, this being one of them.

Your best bet is to use a good quality "normal" hall effect sensor and work out the best way of incorporating it into your build i think.

These can be as cheap to buy as a few pence (cents) each.

i guess we need the chinese to start mass producing them to bring the price down, the Fanatec ones are tiny and only have 2 little chips and a few resistors :)

Upvote 0
BU0836, hall effect sensors (cheap as Kris said) and a little thought.......off you go chaps :) I will try to look into it (its on my list) but I'm MEGGA hectic atm. Still have H/Brakes and other stuff on the back burner atm too :)

Upvote 0
Hi Paul,

Sorry to dig this up but we have now given up ever getting any replacements from Frex for anything so wondered if you found a suitable replacement that works?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back