General H-Shifter not working on one H-Pattern car

Hi, downloaded a 2022 WRX mod that uses an h pattern, but the shifter doesn't work on it. The car can only be shifted with the paddles, and the clutch works as normal.
I should preface this by saying that my shifter works on any other h-pattern car, and in the drivetrain.ini "SUPPORTS_SHIFTER" is set to 1 by default.

Even so, I switched out the drivetrain file for another from a h-pattern car that I know works, and still the only way to shift the car was with my paddles. Which leads me to believe that the drivetrain file is not at fault.

I can't attach a file or link anything so idk how someone would test this, but I'd be happy to provide them in a DM or something. Or if you want to google it look up "2022 wrx assetto corsa" and click the first reddit link, go to the yt vid and it's in the description. Not my video or mod, just just looking for ideas on what causes this. Thanks!

update: found it, original data.acd was still there. everything working now!

Last edited:
hmm I see this is fairly new issue. I just got an aftermarket USB shifter and it's recognized and working on drift cars, but isn't on normal half automatic shifted cars. How do I change that (instead of manually changing the .ini file to 1. Thanks

Ok, so you want to change a car from semi-auto to H-pattern, right? Well the only way to change transmission values is to do it manually. I'll give a brief how-to-

1. Right click desired car in content manager and click "open car in content tab"
2. Click "Folder" at the bottom
3. Look for a "data" folder. If it doesn't have one, go back in content manager and hit "unpack data"
4. In the cars folder, backup the "data.acd" file by either renaming it to anything else or moving it out of the folder. (try not to lose this file, it holds all original values for the car, useful if you mess something up)
5. Now open the data folder and look for a file called "drivetrain.ini" (I recommend using notepad++ to edit these files, much nicer looking and a lot of features compared to regular notepad)
6. Scroll down to the sub-section [GEARBOX] and look for "SUPPORTS_SHIFTER" and set it to 1.
7. Now look under the [AUTOCLUTCH] section and make sure "USE_ON_CHANGES" and "FORCED_ON" are set to 0. (if it doesnt have forced_on, I'd recommend adding it and setting the value to 0.
8. Finally under [AUTOBLIP] set "ELECTRONIC" to 1
9. Save the file and test it to make sure everything works as changed.

Hope this helped :)

(Using self-modified cars in servers may get you banned from them, so be sure to make sure you're on a "stock" configuration if a server you're joining contains a car you've modified. To do this, you can just leave the modified data folder there, and restore the original data.acd. Assetto prioritizes the acd file over the data folder.)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back