F1 2011 Gutted...

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
OK, so I'm a relative newcomer to this game, but playing career the other night, I decided to move up to long race weekends and 100% distance

Last night, I sat down to start a 100% race distance trip around Marina Bay (Singapore). Starting 3rd on the grid, I took the lead going through the first corner and there must have been some sort of trouble behind, because straight away I pulled out a good lead. Trouble was, my qualifying tyres were pretty shot, so I had to pit early for the switch to primes. Even then, I only dropped to 4th. Time to own up, AI is only on intermediate and I'm on auto gears with traction control.

A couple of unscheduled pitstops later (I kept trashing my front wing), I was still going strong in 7th place, which was the target. I kept concentration and put thoughts of needing a wee out of my mind and at 52 laps was coming into the pits for the last time. It was a dry race, so why on earth did my pit crew not ignore my instruction to put wets on:mad: ? What I was actually trying to do was go to mix one. Mental note; in future set the fuel mix on the way OUT of the pits.

Needless to say, it all went horribly wrong and I abandoned the race. Ah well, when I can bag the TV for another two hour slot, I'll try again...

Great game and very addictive.:D

Well...because you ordered them to put them on.

He he, I know! Perhaps I expect too much from the computer controlled pit crew:)

I'm ashamed to say I still haven't managed a 100% race. I did the exact same thing in my next attempt at 100% Singapore and then in another, had a terminal crash into the pit wall on lap 55 when I pitted to change my worn out tyres. Guess I'm pretty rubbish at this game!

Seem to wear my tyres out really quickly in the race and need to work on my tyre strategy in qualifying. Ahh well, 30% Singapore was more successful and now it's on to Suzuka.

Used to know this track like the back of my hand in MotoGP2 on the old Xbox, but on four wheels it's a bit different.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back