GTX Memory Issue with AMS?

Just curious...while trying to squeeze every single FPS out of this game, I noticed in the config page that reads my 6GB GTX 980 Ti as having only 1659 MB of RAM. I thought this was odd, so I enabled memory usage in RTSS and ran a short race and also watched the replay...the memory usage of the game came in at 1659 MB and there it stayed for most of the race (there was one point at the end where it read 1684 MB). Is AMS not reading the full memory of my GTX and thus i'm getting less performance than I should?

Screenshot 2016-11-07 22.08.02.png

Aside from the settings seen in the screenshot, I ran that last test using 16xS (2 x 2 SS + 4 x MS) + 4 x SGSS for Anti Aliasing. Have any of you checked to see what your max memory usage is running AMS? Just curious if AMS uses way more than 1.5 GB of video Memory based on my settings.

You're right, but in the image of johndough247, it shows 4 GB.

And the requirements recommended by REIZA for Automobilista are 8GB. Why?

I'm just guessing here but I think john might have edited something manually because mine shows as 2gb as well (I have 16gb). It also shows my graphics card memory as 4gb when it's really 8gb and windows 8 instead of 10.

As for the requirements it probably has to do with running windows as well. What's the minimum recommended ram for windows? Running windows 7+ and AMS with 2gb of ram would be a bad idea.

The game can only access around 3.2gb of ram, so even though we recommend 8gb that's because other things use ram too ;)

The PC spec info in the config is regularly incorrect though, we will probably just remove it. It's a hangover from the original ISI code.

I'm just guessing here but I think john might have edited something manually because mine shows as 2gb as well (I have 16gb). It also shows my graphics card memory as 4gb when it's really 8gb and windows 8 instead of 10.

I've edited nothing, that's what the windows says. My computer's specs:

Mac Pro Tower with
2 x Xeon X5680 Processors @ 3.33Ghz
48 GB of DDR3 RAM
eVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 6GB

That's normal. AMS is a 32bit application and so can only use 2gb of ram. It's a limitation of the game engine.

After running more races I noticed the memory usage got up to 1980+ but not beyond that so yea that confirms the 2GB cap I guess...It's no big deal, I kinda figured it's probably a 32-bit app since it's older code.

• Deleted member 6919

So how do we stop this 'Memory load warning' never suffered this from any other 32bit games.

• Deleted member 6919

I tried something last night and actually imputed the correct figures for my system into the config file and that worked..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back