GTR2 Targa Florio VR issue

In general I have great success using the CrewChief GTR2 VR-plugin together with my hardware

VR: Quest 2
GFX: RX 580 8Gb GDDR5
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
RAM: 32Gb 3200Mhz

And using the GTR2 4Gb patch, in general fine success.
All with reasonable high VR- and sim graphics settings

Unfortunately this goes bad when loading Targa Florio -GTR2 just crashes after loading 90% :(

Nomatter which Targa Florio mod I use (the track mods works splendid without VR).

I've tried lowest possible graphics settings for both Quest 2 and GTR2, but still no luck

Any good advice here?
For my CC PnG install version, i've tried different things with the CC ini-file,
I hopr there's something I've overseen.

Last edited:
Huh, what did I do?
VR racing GTR2 Targa Florio suddenly works, even with reasonable graphics settings in relation to my hardware.
Maybe the only change was changing Windows joblist priority from normal to realtime?
Or was it due to I didn't actually use the Crewchief program itself, just the plugins?
Don't remember, however I've just realized that the Crewchief GTR2 plugins is intelligently activating affinity of all CPU's (a job I normally do manually running GTR2 directly together with changing to higher priority).

Now I don't remember, but it works splendid now :inlove:

Very handy the cpu affinity setting in Crew Chief. Glad you have Targa working again. Have tried the simtraxx version for AC and the newer one for AC which is early in its development cycle however, GTR233's upgraded GTR2 version is the best out there by a big margin IMO!

Last edited:
So the clue was Windows 10 process priority.
Setting GTR2 main task = Real time
and other heavy tasks
Oculus Dash = Below normal
Steam VR
= Below normal
CrewChiefV4 program
= Below normal
Yes started up and activated GTR2PnG via CrewChief this time, works with these priorities.

I was able to VR race Targa Florio in my favourite GTR2 PnG version Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 Junior WB with full historic grid of 23 AI cars :inlove:

And in addition this time I was able to run
RadeonSoftware = Below normal
with Radeon Image Sharpening activated

This with
Steam VR graphic settings = 2236x2284
GTR2 PC resolution 1280x720
GTR2 Video settings: Full track details, distance = medium and medium to high settings for the rest.
Now tried again with these process priorities, this even with shadows activated!

Must say I'm overly satisfied!

Last edited:
Very handy the cpu affinity setting in Crew Chief. Glad you have Targa working again. Have tried the simtraxx version for AC and the newer one for AC which is early in its development cycle however, GTR233's upgraded GTR2 version is the best out there by a big margin IMO!
Yes, GTR233's GTR2 optimized Targa work is excellent.

Before that work, I've been excited about TheSky and NeelJ's first conversion of Targa Florio to GTR2.
To me both v1.0 of this version and latest v2.2 of GTR233 are still my favourites, though raced the track in the different rF2 works, of which the latest is excellent, and ofcourse the different AC versions, and latest the progress of simtraxx, but before that a couple of years with Abulzz' ditto for a 1973 version.
Not to mention the GTL and GPL versions.

But these two different Targa mods from TheSky and NeelJ's work and then GTR233's work are my absolute favorite to drive the cars of PnG - and now possible in VR in better graphics that I would've ever have hoped for :inlove:

Now my next job is my second favourite:
VR driving the famous original rF1 Targa mod by The Targa TEAM.
Just arranged conversions of my huge rF1 database to AMS1 (CrewChief plugin available here too), but not tried driving Targa Florio-conversion to AMS1 yet (just had fun with my private BTB tracks until now, really cool to VR drive my own old stuff, heh)
Would be a pleasure for me VR racing the original Targa Florio extensive mod work in one of the lower specs rF1 WSC 1970 classic mod race cars! And then going out in the Alfa Romeo T33/3 VR-wise would be quite something.

Last edited:
With VR tech' and peoples (creators/modders) passion to keep pushing things forward it's a great time to be alive! To think 30 years ago I thought it would never get better than a Super Nintendo. :roflmao:

Edit: yep, must be great driving on your own virtual tarmac; been on the look out for BTB Evo but apparently it can't be bought anymore - fancy having a crack of doing a few routes of my hometown for GTR2 and the Evo version is for GTR2.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back