GTR2 HQ 2005 season part-1

Cars GTR2 HQ 2005 season part-1 6.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks!

But I didn't understand if you have to open all the files and then save them, or is it enough to indicate the folder where they are? Because for example saving more than 100 files at once and open them all is very challenging.

Returning to the races I wanted to ask you when a car is too fast or it's too slow what are the strings in the HDC file that must be changed? Or even in the ENG file?

I wish someone made me understand this thing a little.

Thanks again for the attention and the information!

use windows search to select *.hdc by example then select all the files you want (do not exceed 200 files at once otherwise notepad++ will make mistakes : i met issues with more than 250 files opened, but 200 are ok) and drop them in notepad++, you 've got replace tool (you must know what you are doing otherwise it will mess up your files), then click save all (takes 2 seconds for 200 files) and exit.

In hdc modify weight inertia whether you want to slow down or to accelerate car : heavier mass transfer will increase lap times.
You can also adjust front/rear aero to either speed up or to slow down car.

In eng modify the torque curve but keep the real max torque value (i.e. 415Nm @ 6000rpm) : you can make 2 different engines with exactly the same max torque peak but one can be more powerful than the other by only modifying the curves (the way max power peak is reached then curve end). You must make many tests till lap times are correct.

Fia Gt 2006 season mod was made by TopGun, I exchanged few messages with him at nogrip but no news from him since these old days.

Actually development of my mods are on pause but I highly suggest you to download FIA GT 2000-2009 (well 1997-1999 years are covered now) mod by @Maxell (aka Maxellero) at GTR2 EEC forum.

Hi, I noticed that in the HDC files in the FrontCompaundSetting and RearCompaundSetting strings the values are 2 and usually in the various mods are 1.
Why this choice?
Does this value also use this value or the AI chooses the type of rubber it wants? Thank you!

Hi, I noticed that in the HDC files in the FrontCompaundSetting and RearCompaundSetting strings the values are 2 and usually in the various mods are 1.
Why this choice?
Does this value also use this value or the AI chooses the type of rubber it wants? Thank you!
I discovered this tweak when I worked on my targa florio version : I wondered why so many AI abandoned then I decided to follow AI to watch them driving around the track, at the beginning nothing abnormal but I noticed that many crashed and abandoned in the end... after many tests It was obvious that main problem was the tyres (well I have made other tweaks too because it was not the only reason), indeed AI can brake normally as long as tyres are good but in last part of targa AI slip when they brake and they hit walls in 90deg turns. As hard tyres have higher longevity I made the test and bingo they could pass those scary corners easily. I have spent lot of time to fix png3 physics and you can make the comparison at targa florio between original png physics and my updated physics (it takes few seconds to switch between both with GTR2_SETUP.CMD) : It is day and night as quite none AI will survive with original png physics whereas most will pass a full lap with my updated physics version :)

So do you recommend to put hard tires on all HDC files of all mod?

Could this also work with the mod of the prototypes?

So in this way you are telling me that only the us only the tires of the HDC file? During the race weekend nothing changes?

P.S. But do the DFN always depend on the tires? So are the retreats reduce?

Thanks for your advice!

Last edited:
This tweak works only on dry weather and not under rain where AI will use dedicated rain tyres.
You will not notice huge difference on most tracks (less than 6km).
I have enabled this tweak in all my mods but do as you like :)
About prototypes blocking tyres it is more a brake bias bad setting in hdc : front braking is set too high so AI go straight when braking, so you need to re-balance brake bias to rear wheels till AI are able to brake normally.
By example :
My Peugeot 908 is
RearBrakeRange=(0.2, 0.005, 121)
RearBrakeSetting=44

but my Peugeot 908 hybrid is
RearBrakeRange=(0.2, 0.005, 121)
RearBrakeSetting=58

Thanks for the info!

Returning to the Mod 2005 I wondered if the GLPK team C5-R is not too slow for you? In the championship for most of the season he was in the running for the title.

Does the GLPK engine seem less powerful than that of the Excelaior team or is it just my impression?

Last edited:
Just a word about compatibility with upcoming 16th Anniversary Patch : this HQ 2005 MOD must be updated too because it will be broken so do not post messages to tell "it is broken" :laugh:
You will have to wait for HQ 2005 MOD v6.0 to be 100% compatible with HQ Anniversary Patch v16.0, I think you have to wait a week after.

Last edited:
I noticed that with the evolution of the MOD, the AITorqueStab string inside the HDC file you changed by raising it:

GTR2 Originale
AITorqueStab= (1.25, 1.25, 1.25)

Mod FIA GT 2005 v.4.9
AITorqueStab= (1.45, 1.65, 1.75)

Mod FIA GT 2005 v.5.9
AITorqueStab= (1.65, 1.65, 1.65)

Could you explain to me, kindly, what are the differences between these values and why have you decided to raise the values unlike the originals?

Thank you!

I noticed that with the evolution of the MOD, the AITorqueStab string inside the HDC file you changed by raising it:

GTR2 Originale
AITorqueStab= (1.25, 1.25, 1.25)

Mod FIA GT 2005 v.4.9
AITorqueStab= (1.45, 1.65, 1.75)

Mod FIA GT 2005 v.5.9
AITorqueStab= (1.65, 1.65, 1.65)

Could you explain to me, kindly, what are the differences between these values and why have you decided to raise the values unlike the originals?

Thank you!
Because I worked on both Targa Florio and NOS2007 (these are my favorites tracks with VLM le mans 1991) and all these 3 tracks are AI killers : I have worked a lot (many months) on the 2 first tracks to optimize AI but I had no other choice than increasing AItorqueStab to help AI to pass these tracks. I use empiric method like Shovas does for his AI MOD, I mean I forget what people say about the "best" value (in general they just repeat what a peep wrote in a forum somewhere and took it as bible) and I modify value tests after tests till the behavior looks correct to me.
default 1.25 = ai crash
1.35 = same
1.45 = same
1.55 = less but still
Best is between 1.6 - 2.0

In this version, there seems to be an issue with the Spyker, which vibrates up and down on the grid and drives around VERY slowly (i.e. 90 to 130 kph) at the back of the field. Just a heads up!
I made tests in rcd, I reduced some values for slower cars but it seems that gtr2 AI needs a minimum at some lines indeed. I noticed the same behavior with porsche gt3 cup so a fix will be uploaded either tonight or tomorrow.
By the way I forgot to add 2 fixes : PnG mustang steering wheel + Spyker stretched mirror fix so it will be packed together in hotfix 16.0.15 soon...

I noticed the same behavior with porsche gt3 cup so a fix will be uploaded either tonight or tomorrow.
By the way I forgot to add 2 fixes : PnG mustang steering wheel + Spyker stretched mirror fix so it will be packed together in hotfix 16.0.15 soon...
Looking forward to it. As always, I am astounded by your dedication to polishing your mods and promptly addressing bugs that arise. Keep up the great work :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back