GTR2 AI problem

For some time I have been trying to find solutions to contacts or buffering (often very strong) between LMP and GT cars but I can't find a solution, problems that do not happen with GT/GT1 and NGT/GT2 always can always do some linear races.
How do you manage to reduce or completely remove this problem? In the event that solutions made to the problem?

Can you describe the specific problem a little more?

Do you want them to be less aggressive? You can lower their aggression.

Lower AI difficulty will also help.

If you refer to some cars being "tanks" when you contact them (you spin or get shoved off track while they continue unscathed) , it is the "AITorqueStab" setting in the hdc file. This basically sets the force required to move the car in the 3 axes. Lower this until the cars are affected properly; too low and they will bounce like pinballs on a bumper. Check the Von Dutch AI Tutorial for more on this.

Regarding AITorqueStab, here were my observations when I experimented with it:

1656195815435.png

I explain in detail: If I entrust an LMP car, e.g. Toyota TS050 Hybrid, to a computer, then when it hits a GTE vehicle on the track, instead of avoiding it as in real life, the prototype either slows down behind the GTE or hits it with force from behind ...

Can you describe the specific problem a little more?

Do you want them to be less aggressive? You can lower their aggression.

Lower AI difficulty will also help.
I explain in detail: If I entrust an LMP car, e.g. Toyota TS050 Hybrid, to a computer, then when it hits a GTE vehicle on the track, instead of avoiding it as in real life, the prototype either slows down behind the GTE or hits it with force from behind ...

For some time I have been trying to find solutions to contacts or buffering (often very strong) between LMP and GT cars but I can't find a solution, problems that do not happen with GT/GT1 and NGT/GT2 always can always do some linear races.
How do you manage to reduce or completely remove this problem? In the event that solutions made to the problem?
This happens when cars have no collision feelers.

Last edited:
It is in the .hdc files of the cars.
I think I helped including those in the hq patch (by @GTR233 )
But you need to know the size of the car body to set the right values.

Can you give an example to better understand what you mean? So as to be able to correctly edit HDC files.

But how much do you say for the collisions between LMP and GT?
And they also apply to how some LMP1 interpret some curves of some circuits? For example, a Toyota TS040 or TS050 in some curves of the Shanghai route or the nurburing hairpin bend to make the curve leave the route.

Thank you!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back