GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I don't know if this problem already has a solution or not, but the Ferraris and Porsches don't have any texture at all. Did I messed something up or it's another thing?View attachment 745873View attachment 745874
Some Porsche and Ferrari models are not initially available in the game. They open upon certain achievements. But if the patch is installed correctly, then everything seems to work.
Latest 7zip should work right click part 1 extract all ..........

:coffee:
All three parts of the archive must be in the same folder. The archiver will automatically open the remaining two.

I understand if you don't want to reveal this before your next release but it would be really great if you would consider sharing it afterwards. The AI situation in my 1967 sports car game is much improved compared to how it used to be but there is always room for more improvements as the AI are still not as effective as the player in lapping slower cars.

Not sure if GTR233 has left the scene for good but it would be really sad if he took his discovery with him into the grave.

Not sure if GTR233 has left the scene for good but it would be really sad if he took his discovery with him into the grave.
Let's hope GTR233 is just enjoying his life or taking a break, or maybe simply moved on - GTR2 is just a video game after all.

FWIW I have plans to make multiclass a bit better via my plugin, I do not have complete solution, but I have ideas about making lapped AI cars more passable. No idea when I will get to it though - there's a lot to do and with GTR233 leaving things slowed down even more.

Maybe an unfortunate turn of phrase then.
Hopefully Paul is okay and is just taking some time away.

Pretty sure I know why, must have already mentioned like 10 times, no one cares for my opinions.

Anniversary was GTR233
Him putting what he wanted the way he wanted ....with permission of course.
I helped with permission for some tools I first included with Essentials mods.
For mine it seemed to become something else.
Anniversary started to get questioned for errors with other content added.
GTR233 ALWAYS said ....... Fresh GTR2 add Anniversary ......add nothing else.
:rolleyes:
One of the first issues was when Reborn told him he could no longer edit their package.
I was allowed to because I only got permission to separate each feature of Reborn so they could be added separately by way of GME to use with other GTR2 mods therefore not breaking permission.

So my answer too many cooks spoil the broth.

Last edited:
I just finished installing the Ann Patch and went through the command prompts. All the HQ cars in-game that are not original vanilla models do not show up. The car is listed in-game but, when you click on the car's name, the 3D model does not show appear and the game crashes if you try to load a track with it.

I cannot do a race. I can only do practice. I think it has to do with the fact the cars are missing. I carefully went through the GTR2_SETUP.CMD so I don't understand why I'm missing these cars. I choose the HQ cars when it asked me which cars I'd like.

Last edited:
I just finished installing the Ann Patch and went through the command prompts. All the HQ cars in-game that are not original vanilla models do not show up. The car is listed in-game but, when you click on the car's name, the 3D model does not show appear and the game crashes if you try to load a track with it.

I cannot do a race. I can only do practice. I think it has to do with the fact the cars are missing. I carefully went through the GTR2_SETUP.CMD so I don't understand why I'm missing these cars. I choose the HQ cars when it asked me which cars I'd like.
Try different .plr file. I don't remember exact details, but some .plr settings cause HQ crash in Race. Let me know if it worked.

Are you running Steam or DVD GTR2.exe?

Attachments

• The Iron Wolf.PLR.txt
    49.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Pretty sure I know why, must have already mentioned like 10 times, no one cares for my opinions.

Anniversary was GTR233
Him putting what he wanted the way he wanted ....with permission of course.
I helped with permission for some tools I first included with Essentials mods.
For mine it seemed to become something else.
Anniversary started to get questioned for errors with other content added.
GTR233 ALWAYS said ....... Fresh GTR2 add Anniversary ......add nothing else.
:rolleyes:
One of the first issues was when Reborn told him he could no longer edit their package.
I was allowed to because I only got permission to separate each feature of Reborn so they could be added separately by way of GME to use with other GTR2 mods therefore not breaking permission.

So my answer too many cooks spoil the broth.
I would just exclude Reborn, problem solved.

Try different .plr file. I don't remember exact details, but some .plr settings cause HQ crash in Race. Let me know if it worked.

The HQ cars that aren't also vanilla cars literally do not have their 3D models show up in the game's car select screen, showroom, etc. and any race/testing/practice, etc. session that attempts to load any of these cars will crash. Do you know how a PLR file can fix issues regarding 3D models? I mean, I checked my gamedata/teams folder, the non-Vanilla HQ cars are clearly missing most of their files.

For example, in the GameData\Teams\24H\Lotus Elise Teams folder. There is the folder for what I think is the vanilla Lotus Elise, "Campus Autombile" . This folder contains 22 files. Then there's the folder for the "2005-FiaGT Amprex Motorsport" Lotus Elite...it contains only 1 file, a "05110_G2_ELISE.CAR" file. That's it.

Also, the setup.cmd seems to have a glitch. The SVM garage config files, talent files, and AUD sound files sections keep repeating over and over. It's stuck in a loop. You can get around it by clicking "S" for skip (after you've made sure to select your preferred options during a previous "loop") so probably not a big deal.

I selected Steam exe during the setup.cmd command prompt and the original exe itself is also Steam.

Last edited:
Do you know how a PLR file can fix issues regarding 3D models?
Does it fix the crash? My understanding - your previous post claims that practice works, race crashes. Some people reported that in the past, and there's some setting in .plr that causes that. And in the past using my plr helped someone else. I do not know what that setting is and it also can be some other issue whatsoever.

Last edited:
Does it fix the crash? My understanding - your previous post claims that practice works, race crashes. Some people reported that in the past, and there's some setting in .plr that causes that. And in the past using my plr helped someone else. I do not know what that setting is and it also can be some other issue.
My bad for explaining it terribly. I can do practice and race too as long as the session does not load any of the missing cars. So, as long as my car and all A.I. are vanilla cars or HQ versions of the vanilla cars, then the game works fine. If my car or even a single AI car is one of the missing cars, then it crashes which is understandable since there are clearly missing files for those cars since there seems to be an issue with the Ann Patch installer (at least on my end).

EDIT: Tried your PLR. No change.

Can you do a test for me? Try to drive the Lotus Exige 300RR which the Ann Patch adds, or load a session with at least 1 AI using that car (or any of the newly listed cars the Ann Patch adds). Then let me know if your game crashes.

UPDATE: The Anniversary Patch results in many of the game's cars breaking/crashing the game, at least for me:

HQ Corvette - GT1 - 05 - 006 - GLPK - Carsport
HQ Corvette - G2 - 05 - 022 - GLPK - Renstal Excelsior

HQ Viper - G2 - 05 - 121 - Didier De Radigues

HQ F360 GT - NGT - 05 - 056 - JMB Racing
HQ F360 GT - NGT - 05 - 057 - JMB Racing
HQ F360 GT - GT - 05 - 057 - JMB Racing
HQ F360 GT - NGT - 05 - 058 - GPC Sport
HQ F360 GT - NGT - 05 - 071 - Mastercar
HQ F360 GT - NGT - 05 - 071 - Mastercar

...nevermind, there's way too many to list. I think I've found something though. Every car with the issue seems to be a 2005 model year...

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea