GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
AI is much improved with multiclass overtaking bug fixed for the first time too (only for 2003-2005 gtr2 cars)

I understand if you don't want to reveal this before your next release but it would be really great if you would consider sharing it afterwards. The AI situation in my 1967 sports car game is much improved compared to how it used to be but there is always room for more improvements as the AI are still not as effective as the player in lapping slower cars.

I never saw this news about an improvement with the "multiclass overtaking bug fixed for the first time too (only for 2003-2005 gtr2 cars)"

Very exciting. :)

As this is a standing issue with all isiMotor-based titles, I'm also fascinated to learn (when you're ready to share) what you've done under the hood to fix this @GTR233 . Hopefully it's something that could be ported to fix the issue in other titles like rFactor 1, RACE 07, and Automobilista 1.

Last edited:
Hello. There is a bug I found with HQ Hokenheim Short Track. For some reason the laps don't work around the track. I am always stuck on the first lap. Everything else looks fine though. I have not installed any other mod other than the Hotfix for the patch. I also don't have any plugin (like the Crew Chief) installed. Could this be the issue?

I find
Hello. There is a bug I found with HQ Hokenheim Short Track. For some reason the laps don't work around the track. I am always stuck on the first lap. Everything else looks fine though. I have not installed any other mod other than the Hotfix for the patch. I also don't have any plugin (like the Crew Chief) installed. Could this be the issue?

I find the same. I have quite a few mods, including Crew Chief, in addition to the HQ Patch, but HQ Hockenheim National, for example, does not have this problem for me.

I find

I find the same. I have quite a few mods, including Crew Chief, in addition to the HQ Patch, but HQ Hockenheim National, for example, does not have this problem for me.
Indeed, I forgot to mention that I played on a few more tracks and they don't have this issue. I am currently playing through the custom championships, that's how I stumbled upon this random layout (All of the HQ tracks from the first 3 custom championships work fine, I can't recall their names).

I never tried the original version of Hokenheim Short, since I removed it with the patch. From what I've heard the vanilla game has it's share of bugs so I would not be surprised if this is a vanilla bug and carried over to the HQ version somehow.

FWIW this is not HQ patch bug. AFAIK it is bug with Steam GTR2.exe. Track may need some adjustments for it to work with Steam version of the .exe.
Yes. I am using the Steam version. I didn't think there would be bugs that are only found on the Steam .exe. I will look into the problem and see if I can somehow fix it. Thank you!

Yes. I am using the Steam version. I didn't think there would be bugs that are only found on the Steam .exe. I will look into the problem and see if I can somehow fix it. Thank you!
Steam and not-Steam .exe's are quite different internally. My guess track was never tested with Steam .exe. If you figure out what it was, please let me know I am curious. I do not think this is some fundamental problem with Steam .exe since this is the only track that is affected AFAIK. My guess it is something with AIW not matching s/f line or xfinish objects (etc) are a bit off.

Are you using the 7zip Archiver as mentioned in the readme ?
7zip archiver to create/open archives : https://www.7-zip.org

If yes, just follow the instructions of the readme saying:
YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE 3 PARTS FIRST THEN YOU CAN EXTRACT 7zip ARCHIVE : RIGHT CLICK ON 7Z.001 FILE, WHILE YOU HOLD RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON YOU MOVE MOUSE POINTER IN YOUR GTR2 FOLDER (where GTR2.EXE is), THEN RELEASE RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON, LEFT CLICK ON "7-zip" >> "EXTRACT HERE" AND click "YES" to overwrite ALL files/folders (check "APPLY TO ALL")

Doing so will extract the 3 parts at the same time in one single operation.
Part 2 and 3 cannot be extracted separately.

Noticed some issues while searching for a fix for slow AI on vanilla Hockenheim.

Laps and laptimes aren't being tracked in Practice and Qualifying for HQ Hockenheim Short.

Hockenheim GP 2004 and National seem to work fine.

The non-HQ Hockenheims don't have the fix for slow AI.

These issues are in a dedicated HQ Anniversary GTR2 folder which I don't mod myself.

I download all of this parts.

To install this mod, I have to drag all the files to the folder with GTR2, is there an installer there. Could someone explain this to me because the instructions are hard for me to understand.

I download all of this parts.

To install this mod, I have to drag all the files to the folder with GTR2, is there an installer there. Could someone explain this to me because the instructions are hard for me to understand.
First extract part 1, 2, 3 and the hotfix in an empty folder.
It is strongly recommended to make a new clean install of GTR2, then copy and paste all anniversary patch files in your GTR2 game folder. If asked to overwrite existing files choose "yes".

Double click GTR2_SETUP.CMD and make sure NumLock or CapsLock on your keyboard is on, otherwise your PC will blip.
Than just read carefully GTR2_SETUP.cmd screens, follow the instructions and choose different options as you like.

Last edited:
Hey Paul, I read you made some modifications/fixes to PnG physics too, but I cannot find anything written about what specifically changed. Could you tell me? :)

I had a thread on SRMZ listing a lot of bugs within PnG 3.2. It should still be available thanks to Tim Wheatley efforts (read only mode). Would you be interested in having a look? I could post the link if you are. @GTR233

Last edited:
Hi, installed steam vanilla GTR2 and GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH also appr month ago. Vanilla game FFB works fine for Fanatec DD2 but i'm struggling with HQ FFB - wheel pulls left or right like pendulum, don't hold center position and impossible to drive the car (reminds zbw_ferrari_488_gte 0.2 version for AC, 0.5 was fixed). Tried different GTR2_SETUP ffb options but nothing seems work. Didn't install P&G version yet as expect same behaviour.
Any help appreciated.

Take a look at this. Basically, the whole mod is one .7z file divided in 3 parts, so you only need to extract part 1, and it will also extract part 2 and 3.

I don't know if this problem already has a solution or not, but the Ferraris and Porsches don't have any texture at all. Did I messed something up or it's another thing?
1712878036384.png
1712878084036.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back