GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I continue to test and finalize GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch v9.6 : should be good for upload in few days...next week end for sure :)

GTR233 updated GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch with a new update entry:

GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch

GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH v9.6 by GTR233 and friends
------------------------------------------------------

Full GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch v9.3 review by Maxou Le Pilote
This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v18.05 (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted)
Archive size = 437 Mo
Archive MD5 checksum = A48A95AD8E1E2D51FD70258C5FE603F8

Description :
-------------
This GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH represents 3 years of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Deleted member 241736

Hey, hey you - wake up! It‘s 2018 and I hope you all know what a smart phone is? A telephone without a cable and without a box around. You‘re too shy to jump into ACC or AC or pc2 or rf2? Hello give yourself a kick, try these sims and pop up your rigs. Also Porsche didn‘t built air-cooled cars and you children g r o w s!!

Hi. A quick question. I just bought the Steam version of the game and have read that it doesn't include some of the cars (Porsche, Ferrari) due to licensing issues back in the day. Does this patch fix this, i.e. reinstate the cars into the game?

Does this patch fix this?
Main goal of this 10th anniversary patch is to fix all issues/flaws/glitches/bugs of stock game (dvd or steam) either v1.0 or v1.1, and I have updated many graphics in high resolution along the years such as steering wheels, driver/crew suits/gloves, dash boards, etc... for all 144 cars, so answer is yes ;)

Following Paul's review I decided a clean install would be the way to go. Unfortunately the sounds seem to get corrupted when I apply this update. Any ideas why this may happen.

Following Paul's review I decided a clean install would be the way to go. Unfortunately the sounds seem to get corrupted when I apply this update. Any ideas why this may happen.
Never heard about this kind of issue...so tell me more :
What is your windows version ?
What are your PC specs ?
What did you do exactly ?
Install from dvd or steam ?

Perhaps the game is lagging and sound stuttering because of low pc specs or on contrary your processor is fast but doesn't use multi cores ? In this case I suggest to enable multi cores with softwares such as bill's process manager or bitsum process manager and enable at least 2 cores for GTR2.

Did you check archive md5 checksum once downloaded ?
Perhaps archive is corrupted so retry download.

Do you have latest 7zip archiver version ?
Archive was compressed with 7zip v18.05 so this is the minimal version you should have installed.

I suggest you to delete all and restart :
1) new clean GTR2 install either from dvd (is your disc scratched???, maybe clean it) or steam
2) download again 10th Annivesary Patch and check md5 checksum with the one provided on overview page at RD
3) extract archive with 7zip (18.05 minimum) where you have installed GTR2 : you must click YES to overwrite ALL files and folders
4) you MUST go inside GTR2 directory and right click on every EXE file in order to set WindowsXP compatibility + Administrator rights, otherwise you will get many issues under win7/8/10
5) run gtr2config.exe and set your screen resolution in 32bits, choose directX9 and nothing else (set AA/AF in your graphic card driver instead)
6) run GTR2.EXE

If it still has same sound issue then I do not understand why because my patch doesn't modify stock WAV sound files (only one in m3gtr is replaced to fix stereo)

Last edited:
What is your windows version ? Windows 7 Pro
What are your PC specs ? AMD FX8350/AMD R9 290/8Gb ram
What did you do exactly ? Fresh install, V1.1, No CD, HD textures, 10th anniversary patches
Install from dvd or steam ? Steam

However changing the GTR.exe to XP compatability worked straight off.....I can't remember having done this with the install I had running, with one of the earlier anniversary patches, but it was an historic install so perhaps I did at the time.

Many thanks for your help in solving this and I would like to thank you for the fabulous amount of work this MOD must have taken, the detail and quality of all the work and breathing fresh life in to a great game.

Another quick question, against GTR2 in Bills Process manager it indicates affinity with 1(+HT1)+2(+HT2) etc. to 4, does this mean it is using all 8 cores? The help tab is in French although I have the programme in English!!

Last edited:
You need to install neither simbin patch 1.1 nor nocd because they are already included in 10th Anniversary Patch. Moreover Culmone HD track textures have got more than 10 years old now in 2019 and it is been 3 years now that I try to mail/pm Culmone with no answer at all so I will add these textures in next update.
Anyway glad it works for you now :)

Yes, you should check the cores to enable them, try at least to enable 2 of them for GTR2. Another solution is to not use any software and to do ctrl+alt+del just after launching GTR2 then click on GTR2 process to manually enable more cores

I had wanted to create a working 'vanilla' copy which I backed up for posterity. Never to be revisited I suspect.

I will give that a try and once again many thanks.

First of all,
GTR233, thank you for the magnificent GTR2 overhaul !
This is my all time favorite sim that got me hooked on this beautiful hobby.
I just have one problem that is preventing me from enjoying your work.
How can I remove the awful cockpit camera vibration?
It's giving me nausea and motion sickness, and has become a game breaker unfortunately.
Back in the day, I managed to solve this problem but now, nothing seems to work.
I've tried messing around with the ingame G-force/world movement options, but adjusting those won't do the trick.
I know there was a setting for cockpit vibration in the PLR file, but I can't seem to find those lines anymore.
I want my cockpit view to be stationary like in the video below:
Any help would be greatly appreciated !

There are many settings, first bumpy road depends on the track, second you can set springs softer to absorb bumps, third there are settings in advanced menu as shown on screenshot, and finally fourth level is to manually edit defviews.cam with notepad and especially modify the OrientationRate line : make tests with OrientationRate=(900,900,900) then OrientationRate=(100,100,100) and choose a value between which suits your taste :)

Attachments

• tmp-cam-1896871771.jpg
    tmp-cam-1896871771.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 225
GTR233 updated GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch with a new update entry:

GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch

GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH v9.7 by GTR233 and friends
------------------------------------------------------

GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch v9.6 review by Paul Jeffrey
GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch v9.3 review by Maxou Le Pilote
This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v18.06 (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted)
Archive size = 492 Mo
Archive MD5 checksum =...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GTR233 said:
Thanks for feedback ;)
Yes AI is faster as it was asked by members because it was too easy to win. Nevertheless I keep in mind your notice and may provide an alternative AI for next update ;)

well, it's not only the AI, but also the track grip :) even in default setup, I can be as fast as the real drivers that has their cars set up for the track through the weekend :) in default setup, I think that I should be like 5-6 seconds slower than either the quali times, either the race time. on Assetto Corsa, with the RSS mod, I generally turn around 1:47-1:48 in default setup with the same combo (Lister + Barcelona Moto) so, even the track grip needs to be lowered :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back