rF2 GTR VS Corvette @ Pukekohe - Wednesday 17th of July 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
This program I used was a beta, so results are sometimes not completly correct. Was the position you finished and the distance correct? Will try to look to use for another program in the future, the guy making this is focussing on other programs to finish first.

Edit: I see now you have no finish time, but were you 2 laps behind the leader when you finished?

Not 100% sure but I was only around 9 seconds behind Tapio so it is strange that he has an extra lap.

I remember in the server it said next to my name "Suspension" after I had returned to the garage, the way it does when you retire with damage. I had suspension damage but I crossed the line and the chequered flag appeared in the top right corner.

PS looking at the race result the fact it was 30 minutes instead of 30 laps only made one lap difference;) But we will make sure next time it's the correct setting.

i predicted 29 laps :)

Ian Franssen and Matt Horst i think matt might have hit the nail on the head. a drive thru is always exactly that but in rfactor 2, witht the arrow, i assumed i had to pit. so that's why i wasn't serving the penalty.

matt, i have no idea why i got the stop go though. no blue flag. i also had limiter on well before the green flag. i wonder if it is to do with gear changes. i entered in 2nd and changed to 1st after the green light. in rfactor 1 or race 07 (can't remember) there was once a bug where i got penalised for doing that.

anyway, it was fun while it lasted. ian, looks like you and i had the same engine heating problems. i had to take it easy too. my radiator was 2 but i think i worked engine too hard with engine braking.4 if i remember correctly. what caused your engine problems?

i predicted 29 laps :)

Ian Franssen and Matt Horst i think matt might have hit the nail on the head. a drive thru is always exactly that but in rfactor 2, witht the arrow, i assumed i had to pit. so that's why i wasn't serving the penalty.

matt, i have no idea why i got the stop go though. no blue flag. i also had limiter on well before the green flag. i wonder if it is to do with gear changes. i entered in 2nd and changed to 1st after the green light. in rfactor 1 or race 07 (can't remember) there was once a bug where i got penalised for doing that.

anyway, it was fun while it lasted. ian, looks like you and i had the same engine heating problems. i had to take it easy too. my radiator was 2 but i think i worked engine too hard with engine braking.4 if i remember correctly. what caused your engine problems?

I just drove the default setup, and that had also radiator size 2. Didn;t change anything in enginebraking, so think it was just the radiator size with the 45 degrees of heat what did it;)
After that we did a second race because some wanted to race some more, and changed the radiator size to 3 and the problems were gone, was able to go full throttle all the time:)

Andrew the pitlane speed limit was 40 not 100, i think thats why u got penalty :)
I checked in the replay, u entered the pitlane 3 times above the limit.

are you sure it was 100? SOunds excessive considering i would have eased off long before the light and pressed the limiter. not saying i don't believe you. if that is the case, i will just have to watch it more carefully. shame really as the race was fun.

i tried a race offline earlier and got a drive thru - the space to skip formation lap didn't work and then i got a driver thru for "lapping the field" even though i did the warm up and waited on the start line. i went to serve the drive thru by just...driving thru and...the game didn't let me serve it. i have a feeling there are one or two bugs on this track.

thanks for the info buddy ;-)

Andrew Ford, in the hud you can select pitstop or drive through. it's in the hud of the pitstop. Did you checked if you had that in the right way? If you get a penalty, and than press the button for the pitstop saying you want to come in, it might affect it because you just gave an instruction to pit instead of serving a penalty. I don't have my wheel setup to test it, but if you pressed the pitstop button, you can check if that was the issue.

are you sure it was 100? SOunds excessive considering i would have eased off long before the light and pressed the limiter. not saying i don't believe you. if that is the case, i will just have to watch it more carefully. shame really as the race was fun.

i tried a race offline earlier and got a drive thru - the space to skip formation lap didn't work and then i got a driver thru for "lapping the field" even though i did the warm up and waited on the start line. i went to serve the drive thru by just...driving thru and...the game didn't let me serve it. i have a feeling there are one or two bugs on this track.

thanks for the info buddy ;-)

The limiter doesn t brake the car just disableing the throttle over the limit.

Andrew Ford, in the hud you can select pitstop or drive through. it's in the hud of the pitstop. Did you checked if you had that in the right way? If you get a penalty, and than press the button for the pitstop saying you want to come in, it might affect it because you just gave an instruction to pit instead of serving a penalty. I don't have my wheel setup to test it, but if you pressed the pitstop button, you can check if that was the issue.
yes, i checked but it said " drive thru/penalty "N/A" and didn't give me the option to change it :-(

Doesn't matter whether the limiter slows or not, one should be doing 40km/h and not more on that white line ;)

i think you found the problem for me but I don't think you understood my last message (based on your response lol)

I meant that in another game (i think it is f1 2012), you hit the limiter and almost instantly, the car slows to the correct pitlane speed. as i am still learning the ins and outs of rfactor 2, i must have assumed this would be the case.

if you look at the replay on 0.11, you can see how far I am from the lights when i pressed the pit limiter and moved into gear 1. obviously, based on what i just said, i would have thought that was easily enough time for the car to slow. also, i clearly didn't deliberately do this as i gained nothing and would have gained very little/nothing from not dabbing the brakes for a second longer.

long and the short of it is, i think we've figured out why i got the penalty.matts suggestion may help with the serving the penalty although i think there may be some issues at this track - it wouldn't let me serve the penalty offline and it wouldn't let me select drive thru in the pit menu.

hope you finally understand now. phew. tired of typing now.;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.7%