rF2 GTR VS Corvette @ Pukekohe - Wednesday 17th of July 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
well i am starting to get frustrated now.
My connection seems to be sorted.
I managed the first corner and first 13 laps ok.

THe first 12 laps I had to keep easing off throttle as my engine braking settings was a bit high - thermometer kept coming on. it wasn't a massive problem as i wanted to save tyres anyway. on lap 13 (?) I pitted. I had been in 3rd behind matt and gap was about 4 seconds. after i stayed out a lap longer...i found myself in front of matt. problem was, somehow i had incurred a driver thru. i have no idea why as i had put speed limiter on well before the green light ( to allow speed decrease). anyway, i drove around again, putting my speed limiter on. they changed tyres on my car and the drive thru was not served - i couldn't even change the option in the pit menu bar...so i drove around again..on my 4th pit and at least 1 lap down..it changed tyres again and gave me ANOTHER STOP GO! i had to sodding arrows - one to the left, one to the right.
i didn't want to quit but I had no option.

shame really as i wanted to see how strategy would pan out. i was preserving engine, going steady and saving tyres really well.

could this be a pit bug linked to the track? i don't know. i've never had this before.

on another note, well done to fred for pole, everyone for clean racing and calum who seemed to be doing well. we'll do this 6 hour thing yet buddy. least my driving and internet seem a bit better this time and apart from fred, i was within about half a second of 2nd place :thumbsup:;)

Saw your pit problems. Was really wondering if there is a party in the pits. Some tracks still have weird panalties.

My race was lonely but fun. At the and I lapped the whole field, which was fun, because I just drove 15 laps before and had to change setup in my 10min of practice today, because it was rubbish and it turned out to be great :)

Saw your pit problems. Was really wondering if there is a party in the pits. Some tracks still have weird panalties.

My race was lonely but fun. At the and I lapped the whole field, which was fun, because I just drove 15 laps before and had to change setup in my 10min of practice today, because it was rubbish and it turned out to be great :)

well done. you're in there for wins every time. you should be right near the top of the rankings when they come out again on RD :)

Sry made a mistake at the start. it Was weird, a lag or I don't know what. I just opened the menu, then 4 secs later I heard the start and the lights starting the show. Bad start, I've been surprised by the difference between C6R and GTR speed, blocked a little then touched a car, and spun immediatly.

Well, the race started badly, I trained on the old track... So I had to learn the track and the car in 15 minutes. A chance Paul gave me his setup ( thanks )

Then, I've been touched by the last car passing after my spin in the second corner, and ... some bug with pits, I ve had 4 Stop and go, then 260 sec for repairing.

What a pitty I was fast on this track, P1 during free practices, P3 during quali, I could get a good result.

Sry Paul White I've been a bad partner this time ;)

I had no problems with pit bugs.I cooked a corner looking at my race info trying to figure out if we were on laps or time.I got a stop and go penalty for cutting the track witch i served.I never stopped for tires and didn't need to as i still had just under half left anyway at the end of race.I hope we can do another race here to test this track some more,maybe clio's or 370Z.

Andrew after i reread your post i think i see what the problem was for you.If you receive a drive through penalty you can't stop in the pit box or the penalty wont be cleared.I still have no idea why you got it in the first place though unless maybe you got it for a blue flag violation?

Had a lot of fun yesterday, really fun track so we will drive this track again soon Matt:thumbsup:

Will test the pit though next time, to see if I can figure out what happend to Andrew. I have been reading that on some circuits it makes a difference where you drive over the pit-entry or exit, I will check the thread on the ISI forum also.
I had a few builds back that whatever I did I couldn't change my tyres in race. This happend also for me the race after that, and from that point never again, without changing any settings. Never had it before that I couldn;t receive my penalty, but have heard other people had those problems once or twice before. I believe Stefan W also had it once at another track. So far never heard someone who knew excactly what caused it.

For practice I never managed to do one lap as I was discussing building my new computer and got great advise from everyone, thanks for that guys, much appriciated.:thumbsup:
Did had some practice from the Megane race the day before, and managed to my surprise to set a decent time, right in front of the Corvettes but behind the other GTR's,

Had a slow start, but managed to stay out of danger in first corner and was somewhere in the back, and managed to overtake in the race one or 2 guys on track, for the rest everyone in front of me I think pitted or crashed, in the end I was second to my surprise with just easy driving. I had major heating problems because of the temprature, so shortshifted the whole race and was never full throttle across the finish line. My tyres were still great, I probably was able to do an other half hour with those sets of tyres.

I believe Frederic was a league of his own, lapping the whole field:cool: Well done:thumbsup:

Sorry for the fact it was 30 minutes in stead of 30 laps, something went wrong with setting up the server, it was intended as 30 laps. I also started my race with 30 laps of fuel, I believe in the end we only had to take 20 laps with us.

The individual results, team results will be here later.
Pukekohe qualy GT.png
Pukekohe race GT.png

Weird, I finished :cautious: the chequered flag was up on my screen :(

This program I used was a beta, so results are sometimes not completly correct. Was the position you finished and the distance correct? Will try to look to use for another program in the future, the guy making this is focussing on other programs to finish first.

Edit: I see now you have no finish time, but were you 2 laps behind the leader when you finished?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back