Sure, why not Bram. Just make sure you print those 5 pages on brown paper for extra roughage, I wouldn't want you to get constipated eating so much white paper :D

If I get it wrong, you can change my avatar to whatever you want (lets say a Donkey rear end :tongue:) for a year & change my unlicenced member status to someything even less flatering.

To be honest, I have no idea if GTR3 will make it to the consoles, only SimBin does. RACE Pro 2/GTR3 has been stated to be in the works by Badned, who've I've already stated gets these things far more right than wrong. Some over on Forzacentral are excited with this news too.

I'm in the wishful thinking camp because I think RACE Pro is fantastic, warts and all. If SimBin make another console racer, it means I don't have to splash out on a new PC (or at least justify a new system to my better half).

Cheers.

Good one Joshua! you should be able to reconnect in the Warmup sesion and have your grid spot intact!

And um, can we get all the OLD SIMBIN content in the new package for one price? Even if you charge $25-30 for the new content just toss in the old Race 07/ GTRE/ STCC/ RACE ON gear in there one time. Do it right man please!

- A "Rival" system which keeps track of who you raced before and depending on how close you were, they get a certain rating of rivalry with you. From say Not even close - Worst enemies. That could be fun
- Imo yhat is too arcadish, but it could be neat with a better rankings system.
-LIZARD ENGINE
- Getting admin permissions ingame, together with a complete admin page with different settings mentioned above: A file that perhaps contains IP, steamID, whatever.
- Better feel when hitting gravel, bunkers and grass: It slows the car down, not just makes it wobbly grip as now in the Race Series.
- The feature to flag people as: wreckers or fair racers - maybe too hard to manage, because when people is knocked off track, some of them has serious anger issues.
- ban from server feature
- Security system, something like VAC - heard of ppl racing with extremely unnatural level of grip.
- the possibility to choose between lights for custom skins ie. yellow like the NGT nissan had in gtr2.
- 64bit with support of multiply cores. perhaps multithreading.
- Improved rules; cutting especially, today i managed to get a stopngo for being pushed through the first corner at monza.

Hehe they just need to look to rFactor and take the best things of it ( like rejoining in warm up with your Q time)
And look was the best things are from the Race and GTR series. Then it would be a awesome game.

I'll be amazed and rather worried if GTR(3) isn't available for the XB360. Simbin's (and Blimey/SMS) strategy has been to go the for multi-platform approach in order to survive the decline in PC game sales. If they've abandoned that strategy then the future for Simbin is bleak IMO.

However, the screenshot Simbin have supplied hints that they are aiming at the big players - Shift, Forza and Gran Turismo i.e. a multi-platform release, rather than going for the PC only niche players such as iRacing and rF2.

We have all seen what a big success RACE Pro was in terms of sales :frown:. Best console game made for real simracers but not many people bought it. At least not the amounts that SHIFT and Forza 3 sold on the Xbox 360.

Developing console games can only be done with a major publisher funding the project. And as the publisher is still TBA I don't think it's likely that it will be for consoles but only for PC.

It sold poorly because word got out pretty quick it was very broken, those who bought it traded it in. There were plenty of people ready to see a racing game with the kind of realistic pedigree RACE Pro on a console. I would imagine for the time being at least Simbin would want to re-group on a platform they know well - the PC. Perhaps GTR3 might see a console version later but on the console format Simbin have a mountain to climb to restore faith in them as a developer. I hope they have not been put off the console format for good and learn from the RACE Pro fiasco though. They've not let anyone down yet on the PC.

I think it depends on what you are comparing it to. Clearly it was no threat to Forza, but compared to Simbin's PC titles it sold well in the UK, reaching #13 in the all format charts. Titles like GTR Evo didn't even reach #13 in the PC charts.

Sales from Steam are not included in the PC chart though. I'm not saying it sold as well as anything like Forza or the Gran Turiso series but I'm sure it would have ranked higher in the PC sales if digital download was taken into account.

Developing PC sims like GTR Evolution is a fraction of the costs compared to console titles like RACE Pro. To be successful on Xbox Live you must sell large large quantities of copies to reach break even point. On the PC companies can already make a little profit if they sell a few thousand copies.

And um, can we get all the OLD SIMBIN content in the new package for one price? Even if you charge $25-30 for the new content just toss in the old Race 07/ GTRE/ STCC/ RACE ON gear in there one time. Do it right man please!

If you do that then its basically just another add-on. IMO we should leave Race 07 to the history books and start afresh with a new game with new models and tracks.

I try to be realistic. I think Simbin will create the game for a wider range of audience, not only simracers but for casual players also. The biggest income will come from casual players, but Simbin please think for the simracers, they are the core of the fans. Of course there have to be arcade settings, but let the doors open for the hardcore gamers, let the realism settings be freely configurable. Whatever engine you will use it will be capable of. Just have to create the UI for that. What I mean under realism:
- fully changeable weather (both random and triggered settings) including rain, temperature, sky (cloudy/bright)
- drying racing line, dust, track temperature, and any other grip modifying conditions
- wider range of tire sets (like in gtr2)
- driver swap
- big grid (at least 40)
- freely configurable race starting time and length (in time and lap count)
- fully working safety car
- possibility for manual management of flags and penalties
- help modding

One more thing that would be very important to come back is the Racing School. A well created and helpful racing school could draw more casual gamers owards simracing.

For the DLC thing:
I'm okay with that, if DLC-s will be packages with a complete class and maybe some tracks. (so no way I will pay and download separately e.g. Saleen S7 and Maserati MC12)
But in the base package besides the GT classes please include a fun category like the Minis in Race series or the VW Jetta in iRacing.

This topic could go on forever for me so I'll stick with the main ones:

• Skin Saving Option so when you are online and someone has a skin, you have a choice to save it to your game forever

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Skins needs to handled in a better format then in this case. As you must remember, some with very high end PC's run very high res skins, and in an uncompressed format (as used in game) would make these file transfers huge and crippling for the driver that has to up load. Think of a full Race 07 grid with 24 other drivers and you have a skin none have, you might need to upload your skin (if requested) to 24 drivers and it might weigh in at say 5-10mb... thats 120-240mb upload....

What would be better is to have all skins being loaded from their 7z file, therefore reducing the need to unzip etc in the first place and also reducing the upload weight.... but the same issues start to pop up on a full grid, where 24 drivers may still what the skin and you might be up for say 20mb upload...

DLC skins in something like a flight sim (IL2 etc) is not such hard work and the skins are only 1mb usually unzipped and the numbers of pilots is lower in general.

I love the idea, but there needs to be a better method of delivery....

you just need to upload the skin once... to the server any following skinrequest then should run from the server on connect. but i agree they need to be still
in a 7z format or way smaller to make this working

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I would reason developing for PC would be at least as expensive as the 360 console because there are so many variations to the parts that make a PC, from operating systems to the internal hardware. A developer would need to test many configurations in order to ensure anyone with the minimum specification PC up could play the game. With a game console, the developer knows exactly what the hardware configuration is.

Most companies make a PC and 360 version simultaneously as it's easy to port the game from one system to another thanks to Microsoft. The PITA comes when trying to port the same game to the PS3.

As I keep posting, the correspondence I received from SimBin regarding RACE Pro and creating future console games was very positive.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cheers.
[/FONT]

I honestly don't know about this one. In one hand, I know a lot of console guys, myself included, that absolutely love simracing. But the majority of guys I play with, and console guys in general, are 'hit it and quit it' gamers. They like the drifting, the painting, and the customizing that Forza and Grand Turismo bring. The actual racing tends to be a far off peripheral. Race Pro was completely awesome... for a guy like me. But the lobbies got real shallow real quick. And most console people would still go to Forza 2 for all their car needs. So when I hear GTR3 going to Xbox I get highly, highly skeptical, even though I would love to see it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back