GTR 2 VR Support! (Not asking, telling!)

Nice work!! Updated my GTR2 game the other day with the new Aniv patch, and saw the VR support. Decided to give a try and had to make a fresh install of my Steam copy to get it to work. Trying to chase down some intermittent stutter. Running kind of a old spec machine... I7 6700- ( non K) 1070 card 16 GB ram.... Can run AC, ACC, RF2, and RR pretty good with the Oculus debug tool and ASW force 45 FPS, ASW disabled... Started play with some the Steam VR setting to try to iron it out....

You need to enable at least 2 cores (or more if you want) to GTR2.EXE process to increase fps and limit stuttering.
You can do that manually after launching gtr2 with ctrl+shift+esc or use a software like bill's process manager or bitsum process lasso by example.

Thanks guys.. Not sure was causing my issue, but all is well. Running 1.9 SS turned down shadows to low with med quality. Everything else on High and 20 visible cars. Running all the cars at the 24hrs Spa 2003 is priceless in VR. This is running in VR better then I think any race game I have. Better clarity, etc. I might be old school, but I am having more fun racing GTR2 then any of the more modern titles. I will try out putting in 2 cores in the INI file.

Thanks guys.. Not sure was causing my issue, but all is well. Running 1.9 SS turned down shadows to low with med quality. Everything else on High and 20 visible cars. Running all the cars at the 24hrs Spa 2003 is priceless in VR. This is running in VR better then I think any race game I have. Better clarity, etc. I might be old school, but I am having more fun racing GTR2 then any of the more modern titles. I will try out putting in 2 cores in the INI file.
I feel _the same way_, the result is sooo good. Bringing Driving school into modern times alone was so worth the effort.

For future reference - also noticed Opponent Details and Headlights quality have big perf impact as well. But biggest issue is how (un)optimized the content is. Some content runs awesomely no matter what settings, but some kills perf to a crawl, and visually I wouldn't be able to tell it looking better than the other one.

Last edited:
With a I7 4 core + 4 HT use:
changeProcessAffinity = 0xFF , in .ini file

I got a i7 7700k @ 4.8 GHz and a RTX 2070, So a little faster than your setup.
In Nvidia profiler set
AA to 4 X MSAA
And Transparency Supersampling 2 x or 4X Sparse Grid
And Anisotropic filtring mode to 16

I also set the antialiasing compability flag to (Diablo III)
Fixes the AA on display but not sure if it do anything in VR.

Got SS at 160% in SteamVR see no improvement going higher on my headset WMR 1440 x 1440)
Shadows on high headlights on medium everything else on Max and only go under 90 Hz at start on some tracks.
Limited cars to 34 visible.

And agree it is very clear and the 3D are very good. + overall Gtr2 are a great sim and so easy to mod cars and tracks.

Not needed! Crewchief.dll/ini already got the option for using multi cores
With a I7 4 core + 4 HT use:
changeProcessAffinity = 0xFF , in .ini file

I got a i7 7700k @ 4.8 GHz and a RTX 2070, So a little faster than your setup.
In Nvidia profiler set
AA to 4 X MSAA
And Transparency Supersampling 2 x or 4X Sparse Grid
And Anisotropic filtring mode to 16

I also set the antialiasing compability flag to (Diablo III)
Fixes the AA on display but not sure if it do anything in VR.

Got SS at 160% in SteamVR see no improvement going higher on my headset WMR 1440 x 1440)
Shadows on high headlights on medium everything else on Max and only go under 90 Hz at start on some tracks.
Limited cars to 34 visible.

And agree it is very clear and the 3D are very good. + overall Gtr2 are a great sim and so easy to mod cars and tracks.

Thanks... Yea I have those setting set with Nvidia Navigator. I had some Mod conflicts, so I have been chasing those today. No other mods looks good in VR that I have except FIA 2005 add-on... Prob better off just running the HQ stuff with the FIA 2005 only.

Also think the new version runs slightly better. Not a big fan of the Gtr2 Hud but it is a nice option to have.

I set GPU Scaling to ON in Windows 10 and it just add a lot of smoothness to the Gtr2/ AMS 1 VR experience on my setup.
Have not used Gtr2 on my monitor for weeks now :)

AMS is working great but I can't get seem to get this working correctly on GTR2.
My view keeps getting stuck in the middle on the horizontal plane where the world follows me for a few degrees at mid point like some kind of snap to center.
Other than that it seems perfectly smooth so I don't think it is performance related.
I'm running a PSVR using IVRy driver for SteamVR.

AMS is working great but I can't get seem to get this working correctly on GTR2.
My view keeps getting stuck in the middle on the horizontal plane where the world follows me for a few degrees at mid point like some kind of snap to center.
Other than that it seems perfectly smooth so I don't think it is performance related.
I'm running a PSVR using IVRy driver for SteamVR.

This issue seems to be resolved in latest build or at least I am not experiencing it anymore.

Many thanks Crewchief for a great VR experience. It absolutely flies on my potato rig.

I can imagine this opening up VR sim racing to many for whom it was previously out of reach due to HW costs.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.