GTR 2 VR Support! (Not asking, telling!)

Sure OpenVR do no harm.
If you have any chance trying out gtr2 in VR you should jump at it . They did a great job on that.
What CPU do you have as the Affinity settings have a huge impact unless you already have another program like Process Lasso running.

I can't emphasize it enough - please make sure you read (and follow) this thread. VR support has strict requirements. We will also be announcing new flags/features on that thread and in the CC changelog:

Last edited:
Patched is fine as long as you talk the patched Steam gtr2.exe for Porches & Ferries, and the weather patch for that matter.
Bjarne,

I am planning to include weather patch in our plugin as an option, but could you please remind what is the entire effect of it? Does it enable Changeable weather for all session types, for Race session only, or does it make sure slider choice of "Changeable" is available everywhere.

I know what that tool by Jstn does, I am just trying to understand the entire effect.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it doesn't do much or as much as people expect.
When Gtr2 first came out in version 1.0 the performance was very poor when set to changing weather in a Race. So that got 'improved' on in V1.1 by disabling changing weather in Race and called a fix.
I can't run my CD anymore so have no idea how often the weather changed?

If you do not patch for weather I get sunshine in Race with the Steam gtr2 every time I start a race.
With the weather patch I get random weather at start
More or less one out of three times on track with ' Average rain = 0.3'
in the .gdb file like Andrestorp.
But little change in weather.
On some modded tracks I have seen much more weather changes
But not like in practice mode where you can go from dry weather to 100% rain in 30 min.
So the weather patch got some effect but there might be more to it?

Playing with the other weather related parameters right now.

Have you already made some weather changes as today I had very strange track temps at Barcelona same day same time.
Once 2 C going to 0 C next 45 C going to 47 C
It was with the weather patch but do not recall seeing that low track temperature before?

CC plugin does not do anything to affect the weather intentionally. But it is a megahack - who knows if VR rendering causes any weather side effect. That said, all features that intentionally change game behavior will be optional, off by default and announced on that master thread.

Bjarne, do you remember how was changing weather set in V1.0? Was it by using "Changeable" slider? Hardware evolved since then, so maybe re-enabling the disabled feature not gonna hurt too much, offline.

Please help me understand - so you are saying that "Changeable" in Open Practice is pretty good, and it is better than the patch that overwrites "TrainingDay" with "Race"?

Last edited:
'Testday' with Race.
No can't recall but would assume it was 'changeable'
Maybe someone still got a workable Gtr2 DvD set 1.0 DVD

Ok think I have learned some more.
Using .gdb values from Race 07 as I noticed a track I converted changed weather more than the base track. But might be accidental.
Values.
Region = CENTRAL
Average rain = 0.3
RainLightScale = 0.80
RainFogScale = 0.05
RainFogColourScale = 0.20
RainCloudScale = 0.3

10 laps race on Anderstorp 07, weather scaled checked.
Race 1 :Started 35% rain dropped to 31% and went back up to 58%
Race 2 : Never changed from 0% rain
Race 3 Started in 12% went to 23% and back to 8%
A couple more in sunshine which I abandon
Then a Race with 100% rain and even the ambient temperature never changed.

Noticed before that if rain gets to 100% or starts at 100% it doesn't change again.
It is like it is locked.
Maybe the same with 0%?

The weather temp and rain % are from the GID plugin.

If you can prevent it from starting at 100% and maybe even from 0% when set to Changing weather.

Can't check if you ask or send anything on discord as I am re-installing win 10 and everything on that computer that had discord installed. :(

'Testday' with Race.
No can't recall but would assume it was 'changeable'
Maybe someone still got a workable Gtr2 DvD set 1.0 DVD

Ok think I have learned some more.
Using .gdb values from Race 07 as I noticed a track I converted changed weather more than the base track. But might be accidental.
Values.
Region = CENTRAL
Average rain = 0.3
RainLightScale = 0.80
RainFogScale = 0.05
RainFogColourScale = 0.20
RainCloudScale = 0.3

10 laps race on Anderstorp 07, weather scaled checked.
Race 1 :Started 35% rain dropped to 31% and went back up to 58%
Race 2 : Never changed from 0% rain
Race 3 Started in 12% went to 23% and back to 8%
A couple more in sunshine which I abandon
Then a Race with 100% rain and even the ambient temperature never changed.

Noticed before that if rain gets to 100% or starts at 100% it doesn't change again.
It is like it is locked.
Maybe the same with 0%?

The weather temp and rain % are from the GID plugin.

If you can prevent it from starting at 100% and maybe even from 0% when set to Changing weather.

Can't check if you ask or send anything on discord as I am re-installing win 10 and everything on that computer that had discord installed. :(
thanks, I am more confused than before :D It sounds though as if Jstn's patch is an improvement, and we can go from there. BTW - you do not need Discord app, it runs in a browser if needed.

Last edited:
IMG_20201121_102821.jpg

Unpatched Ver.1.0 clean install.
Seemed to take forever to get it to rain, took Spa as my test track and changeable appeared in all.
The weather conditions and forecast do change Track Temp, Ambient, Track Condition. Goes from Dry, Damp, Wet, Flooded. Using time acc. I could sit in the pits and watch.
On track the driving was relatable to the track conditions depending on what tyres you used.

2.jpg

3.jpg

I haven't finished a full test of patched version (have to rest my legs and arms.) but back to it shortly. The most notable thing so far is the size of the raindrops, they appear larger in the unpatched version.

And I think the problem is only the automatic weather change in race ... as the programmed changes are perfectly working in patched version ( with Autosim Weather Generator )

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back