RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Bx7HcGqIYAA9mqj.jpg:large

Qualified decently, then kept it clean to be running in 6th in the opening laps. @Dennis Phelan got past quickly, then a few laps in I got tapped by @Robert Covey and dropped behind the midfield pack (no worries there, it happens). We had a decent battle with some wild lunges before I made an early stop, hoping to fix some damage and change the tyres on one side (I forget which). This worked well until I had a crash and got a puncture.

Came in to change all four tyres and fix more damage, and I was setting some personal best laps when I got out of shape on the back straight, corrected a moment too late, clipped the end of the wall, and killed the car. DNF. Made a nice picture though!

I'm in - as long as I can get on the server by Tuesday, is anyone else getting booted as possible cheat? I'm running a near-fresh install of R07 and just downloaded the track, maybe the server version's not quite up-to-date? :unsure:

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Qualify:
Was pretty happy with my qualify lap which started me in 6th right behind my RlyR boss @Alex Odell
Race:
Got good jump off the line and through NordKurve basically unharmed but was pushed wide by Kingshott at turn 2 when he couldn't hold the inside line sliding into me. Got out of the grass clean but dropped back to 9th with all my loss of momentum. Had moved up to 8th and went for an inside move on @Campbell Wallis coming out of the fast left hand but I didn't move inside fast enough catching his right rear knocking him off. (Really sorry about that, I didn't realize you had such a long braking zone there). Waited for Campbell to get back on track but the field had passed us both putting me down to 12th. A little tap as Campbell went around me resulted in suspension damage. Damage wasn't severe enough to pit so raced on to try and make the pit window. Ran waiting for my pit window on the tail of Campbell but with my damage passed up several opportunities to over take him. Reaching the pit window Campbell pulled into the pits moving me up into 6th. Spent basically the rest of the race just running around on my own trying to keep position and held for the 6th place finish.
Some great one on ones again today especially Campbell who made the first part of the race some great fun

Problem was on the server. The unzip software on the server would only allow me to load the track by placing the Gamedata folder in Race 07. Originally when I did that it places a new Gamedata in the Locations folder, cleared that up but could not manually place the track folder in Locations! Anyhow, all straight now. [I did not this problem on my own PC :)]

Had a lot of fun last night. The Mini matched with this track is racing heaven.

I qualified 5th about half a second behind 4th and half a second ahead of 6th, so I figured if i could race in that gap then i'd have a relatively quiet and pain-free drive to 5th. Boy was I wrong! Got a good start and pulled ahead of 4th place. I think he then slipped back so I was running 4th behind @Nelson Ullinskey and @Matthias Klein. I was happy to be able to keep them in my sights, and when they had a bump at the chicane, Nelson slowed up to let Matt back past and I took the opportunity to siege 3rd. Then the race was on, and until the pit stops I had Nelson on my bumper, alongside, and briefly ahead as we swapped places. He got by on lap 14 or so? before pitting. I pitted a lap later but took all 4 tyres to I guess Nelson's 2, as I came out 10 seconds behind. I went hell-for-leather and the gap dropped to 6 seconds before Nelson announced he had a penalty, which allowed me to keep it nice and steady and bring the car home 3rd. Congrats to @Reggie Blain Jr and Matthias on the win and podium, commiserations to @Dennis Phelan who retired with gearbox problems, and thanks to everyone as usual for a great evening of racing.

My internet gave up on me. The laps I did run were pretty great!

I'd prefer the Formula BMW though, the Formula RaceRoom cars just feel weird.
I guess they should simulate 2010 F1 cars, but I just didn't get that feeling. GSC nails that.

Probably gonna join a GT race when there's one planned. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back