GTL Troubleshooting Thread

I would try to delete your registry entry for GTL.. ive seen that problem in the past.. once there is a key in there it doesnt always accept a new one to overwrite it..

Click the windows button in the bottom left of your screen, and in the box that pops up type in the search box regedit then click on it
excl.gif
Regedit is a dangerous tool.
excl.gif

If you delete something in there that you shouldn't
then your system may not function correctly, or at all!

Second thing... It's always a good idea to first backup your registry to a file
with the File/Export menu option.

Where is the key ?
in 32 bit Windows -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\10tacle Studios\GTL\Keys
in 64 bit Windows -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\10tacle Studios\GTL\Keys
or maybe here ->
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore \MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\10tacle Studios\GTL\Keys

Delete it

(see pic) This is for Windows xp but it works the same..
Next time you click Multiplayer/Internet,
GTL will ask you to enter it again.

attachment.php

Man, yours really seems to be a curly one.
It still seems to me like you are having problems connecting to the Server, and therefore maybe not registering your account. Something seems to be blocking you?????

Here is a wild guess, but worth checking.
Can you go into Windows/System32/drivers/etc

You should a file named hosts.
Can you open it with Notepad, and copy the contents of the file here. It shouldn't be very big.

# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 validation.sls.microsoft.com is that it?

After doing a bit of googling, I'll assume that you added the last bit "is that it".
I'm not sure if the validation bit is causing any issues with connections to sites, but I don't have that line, and others have deleted it without problems.

EDIT: After further research, I doubt that line should cause any of your problems.

Maybe look at the online code, o,0 O make sure it the right O letter or 0 number ive made that mistake before.

Eve though you have the game try to activate the game through steam click on the games button and activate a product through steam, put in your online code and see if it accepts it.. if it rejects the code its a bad code or it will tell you its already in use..
i did this to see which of my codes would work for GTR2 and GTL

I just got the game and im already having a big problem :(
When I press my brake pedal all the way down, the game only gives me 50% braking.
Heres a screenshot to show you what I mean. I got my brake pedal fully pressed here. Im using a G27
gtl2012122214024565.jpg
Any ideas?

Reconfigured the pedals and still the same problem. Its the axis of the brake pedal that only goes to 50% in GTL (works fine in other games), if I assign the brake pedal to throttle the throttle only goes to 50% :(.
With the combined pedals option checked it does go to 100%, but it should work fine with seperate axes right? I dont like combined pedals

Try on a new profile and see if that makes a difference.. maybe the plr is messed up..
combined pedals are crap so don't use it, but it does show your pedals work correctly ..
check the calibration facility inside the logitech profiler..
there also WignMan to see what's going on ( CLICK )

Its a problem that ive not really come across,
you can try the files validation on steam.. on a newly downloaded game i usually make a copy of it
(back up game file) then there's no need to waiste time downloading if things go wrong..

yes warren i added that last bit in , is that it ,and there is i red icon lock on that hosts file , and rupe i do not have any o or0 in the serial but i have i and1 which i have tried changing several times , this is such a shame i cannot get online as the game feels good ,oh well looks like it is not going to work cheers again for all the help

yes warren i added that last bit in , is that it ,and there is i red icon lock on that hosts file , and rupe i do not have any o or0 in the serial but i have i and1 which i have tried changing several times , this is such a shame i cannot get online as the game feels good ,oh well looks like it is not going to work cheers again for all the help

Probably covered already, but are you running the game as administrator?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 41 38.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 62 57.4%