GTL Troubleshooting Thread

Hi Knut, with the problem happening with other games aswell I thought its best to check the system,
i was getting blue screen of death and it was my memory a while back.
Then we see posts of things getting to hot due to dust in the system..
the next thing is have any drivers been updated recently
have you installed anything new to the system
it all trial and error... so many things can cause these problems...:(
But my knowledge is based on what iv'e done when things go wrong im no guru
:)

thanks for your time rupe , found the problem i deleted the original exe on desktop , as it was all whited out , and made a copy of the exe in game directory , and run it as administrator , unbelievably there was force feedback , dam pcs lol, forgot to mention still cannot register , it tells me cannot connect to server ,exe is allowed in the antivirus so not sure what it is

My suggestion would to put the ip direct into the local_ip_lobby txt file like what we do for altbierbude ..
take out gtlsrv.race-game.com and enter 81.3.59.61
this has worked for some gtl disc users in the past...and steam users who are having problems
Always make a copy before altering anything... Back it up...
I can connect with this way to simbin lobby...

ok maybe look at this thread it might help. ( CLICK )

keep the simbin lobby name, it could be what your clicking..
have you used the sim before and had a version disc or digital working.. sorry if its a silly question..
how are your firewall settings...is it allowed through home and work network.. i run on a work network and had only the home one checked that has given me problems before. (id set up a network around the house for printer access and changed but forgot the firewall settings)

Warren Dawes maybe you can help, maybe he has a fix for you :redface:...

Warren Dawes maybe you can help, maybe he has a fix for you :redface:...

Not sure I can help much without more basic info.
Noel, can you tell us what version of GTL you have (Digital from RaceRoom, Steam, DVD)?
What version of Windows?
If Win Vista, 7 or 8, what is the install location of your GTL installation?

Then can you give us the exact steps you are taking to try to register or connect to the lobby? Did you register first?

Can you post the contents of your LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT file.

Sorry to ask for basic stuff, but it is hard to solve problems without knowing what is happening.

hi warren thanks for help i have steam digital version of game on w7 64, to register i pop in my username then password then my email then i press register , it then hangs there for 30 seconds and states cannot connect to server in the local file it says gtlsrv.race-game.com cheers

Noel, I'm not familiar with the Steam install, but that all seems ok to me.
I recall when I tried to register my new digital version (from RaceRoom), I had a similar problem, kept getting the same message you are getting.
I eventually tried using a different Username (wad63 instead of wad53) and it then worked. :confused:

Maybe try different usernames (and passwords) and give it a few tries with each one, you never know. :unsure:
What is the install path to your main Steam folder? If it is located under Program Files, maybe UAC or similar is blocking it?
Try turning off UAC while registering. I'm really grasping at straws. :redface:

Very strange.
I don't know why mine eventually worked, whether it was the changed username and password (I can't see why :rolleyes:) or maybe the Server was just unavailable originally. Maybe keep trying at different times, might fluke it.

Morning guys ,, thanks for trying to help Warren..:thumbsup: I hope thats the answer Knut..:)
lets hope this is it and by changing the local_ip_lobby.txt file again and replace the content with 81.3.59.61
fingers crossed..:)

the good thing about steam is you can always validate your game and it replaces all the files back to stock if you mess up..
found in the steam library on the game exe. right click hit properties and on the next box the clicks up under local files you can verify integrity of game cache.. it checks for faults in your install..
you may need to redo the cheat unlock again..but it save a new install as this just replaces faulty files..

if you use the command promt and ping the server write in the box or copy and paste this. ping gtlsrv.race-game.com
command prompt is found in accessories just below the claculator this will give you the ip address of the simbin server
lets make sure it not changed...or this will atleast show that computer can ping the server

yep tried that rupe from inside the directory, now i have redownloaded it want even start from the exe in the desktop ,it says binkw32.dll is missing but it starts through steam or through the directory ,,as for the accessories and cmd prompt i am not sure where you mean ugg i am going mad lol

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.