GTL Shifter Problem.....

Jack Straw

50RPM
Premium
Hey all, it's good to see some familiar names from No Grip over here now. Greetings to JGF, Shovas, Duc Freak and others.

A problem just cropped up for me with assigning my shifter lever positions in GTL. I'm using the Fanatec Clubsport SQ in the h-shifter mode. Reverse, 1st, 2nd, 3rd all assign properly. 4th, 5th, and 6th wont take. The shifter had been working just fine, then one day this happens. I use P&G mostly these days and the shifter is fine in that game. It's ok in GTR 2 as well.

Any ideas????

Jack Straw

50RPM
Premium
Graeme,
Does this problem occur just in GTL? Do you use any other sim platforms?
I opened a "support ticket" with Fanatec and their man requested a video to illustrate the problem for them. I've not done that yet but I'll post when they respond.

Jack Straw

50RPM
Premium
I never followed up on the Fanatec support ticket for my problem assigning gear shift positions but I tried a few things suggested at other sites with no success. This shifter problem has persisted through three separate installs of GTL as well as a flash of the latest firmware. Not wanting to give up on the aging sim I switched my SQ shifter to sequential, assigned the shift up and shift down and it works fine....go figure. I recently installed Automobilista and have had no trouble with the H shifter. GTR 2, and P&G likewise work fine in either mode.
I guess I'll quit fretting about it but if anyone figures it out I'd like to hear your solution.

Last edited:

Graeme

1RPM
Yes i did the same and use paddles but its not the same. it only effects gtl no other titles have this problem.

You can use a program like Xpadder to map your shifter to the keyboard inputs 1-6 and R.

MajorGeeks still have the last freeware version (5.3) of Xpadder on their site and there are a lot of videos on Youtube showing you how to create a Controller Layout and how to map the inputs.

GoodLuck

Jack Straw

50RPM
Premium
Graeme,
The shifter problem persists and now it seems to have migrated to the sequential shifter as well. Paddles still work but you're right, it's just not the same. Actually I've given up on GTL because of this problem. P&G and Automobilista are all I use now.

Top Bottom