GTL Racing Club This Week / 10

HSCC_Historic_Racing_Thruxton_100905_AE_4301.jpg

After all the excitement of last week we start this week of with a full class of TC-65. This kind of race has become popular as it has a nice selection of cars ranging from the little tiny Mini to the outrageous Falcon. Ooh the sound off this car will deafen you. But it is fun. in this format there are 2 races and we usually pick a light nimble car and then a beast or vice-versa just to mix up the field, on a whole we have a good balance in the field for the race .. Dare you take a Jag yes it not the quickest out there but kudos to all who drive it and when you finish in front of the more versed cars it just makes that smile grow bigger. But each to there own that the choice we leave completely up to you... Its not always the winners who have the bragging right in this one. So we start of with a trip across the channel to the heart of Provence, in France, Grand Sambuc. The circuit is about 20 kilometers from Aix-en-Provence in the town of Vauvenargues. Its plot is 2 km particularly hilly, technical and ... flooded with sunlight. Particularly friendly atmosphere of this site is a popular destination for all lovers of beautiful GT. The circuit's is perfect for all types of car; it has an 800 metre straight followed by a succession of fast chicanes and hair-pin bends, uphill climbs and downward slopes. Sounds like fun to me.

Then on Thursday after a days rest in a cheap B&B we wake up in a fictional city for a trip round Barnerwood raceway in the Austin healey sprite. We will drive both variants of this car the 1098cc and its bigger brother the 1275cc. Once again its a tight twisty track with sweeping bends closing all the time so get your line correct and be smooth on the brakes. This should give us a nice week of racing just in time to be home for the start of practice for the next league race... Its time for Anglesey. It will be a good contrast from the Algarve on this tight track..i think the big powerfull cars may struggle here, but i could be wrong.

The GT Legends club - come and see what all the fuss is about.
View the Post on the Blog

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back