GTL Laptimes and discussions thereof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All - I posted this as a reply elsewhere, but thought it deserved it's own thread.

This is a fun section, aimed at gentlemanly driving and racing, not hotlapping or tenth shaving.

I don't care what laptimes people do, and I don't want the GT Legends section to become like that, so laptime discussions - in any section - at an absolute minimum please. No discussions of laptimes before an event, only after the fact.

The absolute last thing GTL wants or needs is people trying their guts out to beat times on hotlap basis.

We've seen that sort of culture in the Race07 section. People get into bad habits with regard to cutting, wildly obscure racing lines etc, and the impact that can have on racing. Not just on your own race, but others enjoyment too, and that is a serious no-no in my book.

I will not allow this section - which has been a paragon of racing for such a long time - to deteriorate into that sort of culture. I will take whatever steps I feel are necessary to prevent that.

We are recording and tabulating all the hotlaps on the servers now in the Rankings http://timing.racedepartment.com/gtl/ so there will be references there if you want to look or challenge a time.

I trust you all understand my feelings on the matter. If you don't, feel free to contact me to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back